Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I took my 14 sorento sxl to the dealer they asked where I got my key. I told them it came with the car. They said they had never seen one like it but they really like it. I don't even know what the "normal" key looks like. What's so different ?

Attachments

·
Registered
'14 Sorento SX V6 (2WD)
352 Posts
So when I took my 14 sorento sxl to the dealer they asked where I got my key. I told them it came with the car. They said they had never seen one like it but they really like it. I don't even know what the "normal" key looks like. What's so different ?
Did you buy it used?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2014 Sorento EX V6 AWD, RIP 2003 Sorento EX 3.5L
154 Posts
Key code number

Hey Gents,
Have a question about the key fobs. Just picked up a CPO 2014 Sorento, was reading the manual and it states the NEW suv comes with two key fobs which also contain the key code number tag.
Since my Sorento is a CPO used car purchase where or how can I find out what the key code number is?

Sorento manual: The key code number is stamped on the key code tag attached to the key set. Should you lose your keys, this number will enable an authorized Kia dealer to duplicate the keys easily. Remove the key code tag and store it in a safe place. Also, record the key code number and keep it in a safe place.(not in the vehicle)

Any help would be much appropriated.
Thanks,
Vadim

·
Registered
KIA Sorento 2014 AWD 2.4L GDI
3 Posts
Key code number

Hey Gents,
Have a question about the key fobs. Just picked up a CPO 2014 Sorento, was reading the manual and it states the NEW suv comes with two key fobs which also contain the key code number tag.
Since my Sorento is a CPO used car purchase where or how can I find out what the key code number is?

Sorento manual: The key code number is stamped on the key code tag attached to the key set. Should you lose your keys, this number will enable an authorized Kia dealer to duplicate the keys easily. Remove the key code tag and store it in a safe place. Also, record the key code number and keep it in a safe place.(not in the vehicle)

Any help would be much appropriated.
Thanks,
Vadim
I am in the same situation. Any HELP out there?

·
Registered
Sorento 14, Sedona 17 LX+
24 Posts
> I am in the same situation. [...don't know the Key code that was attached to the original keys] Any HELP out there?
Go to any Kia dealer service department and ask for a printout of the "Warranty Coverage Report" on your car. On the first page of the prinout, right hand column, the 7th item down is "Key Code". I believe that alpha-numeric entry is what you are seeking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts