Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've got a 2011 kia sorento ex. I got two key fobs from dealership. Right away one did not work. They told me it was bad and it needed to be replaced. I did not do it since I just bought the car and it was going to be 200 for another. So its 3 months later and my working key fob has stopped. It locks and unlocks car but push button start does not work. I get the illuminated key symbol and engine light on dash. It sounds like the starter clicks but nothing happens. Immediately I put new battery in it. Same results. I decide to replace battery on other fob that never worked and to my surprise it locks/unlocks doors but same issue when I press start button. I've tried the backup method in the arm rest, same result, just sounds like starter clicks. Can a key fob work to open/close doors but not allow vehicle to start. And what should be my next step?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I've got a 2011 kia sorento ex. I got two key fobs from dealership. Right away one did not work. They told me it was bad and it needed to be replaced. I did not do it since I just bought the car and it was going to be 200 for another. So its 3 months later and my working key fob has stopped. It locks and unlocks car but push button start does not work. I get the illuminated key symbol and engine light on dash. It sounds like the starter clicks but nothing happens. Immediately I put new battery in it. how long to charge a car battery at 2 amps? Visiting Autofthings to get the answers if you concern. Same results. I decide to replace battery on other fob that never worked and to my surprise it locks/unlocks doors but same issue when I press start button. I've tried the backup method in the arm rest, same result, just sounds like starter clicks. Can a key fob work to open/close doors but not allow vehicle to start. And what should be my next step?
I haven't had the same issue as yours, but according what i read is the fob needs to be touched on to the start/stop button before trying to start. And one more thing is you cannot start the engine using the start/stop button if the keyfob in not within the vehicle. Hope it hepl you.

·
Super Moderator
9,529 Posts
I haven't had the same issue as yours, but according what i read is the fob needs to be touched on to the start/stop button before trying to start. And one more thing is you cannot start the engine using the start/stop button if the keyfob in not within the vehicle. Hope it hepl you.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I've got a 2011 kia sorento ex. I got two key fobs from dealership. Right away one did not work. They told me it was bad and it needed to be replaced. I did not do it since I just bought the car and it was going to be 200 for another. So its 3 months later and my working key fob has stopped. It locks and unlocks car but push button start does not work. I get the illuminated key symbol and engine light on dash. It sounds like the starter clicks but nothing happens. Immediately I put new battery in it. Same results. I decide to replace battery on other fob that never worked and to my surprise it locks/unlocks doors but same issue when I press start button. I've tried the backup method in the arm rest, same result, just sounds like starter clicks. Can a key fob work to open/close doors but not allow vehicle to start. And what should be my next step?

Hi Nick,
Did you every get a true response... This happened to me a few times now.. But again this morning.. Did exactly what you did? Do you know if we have a key ignition behind the start button? Mine is a 2012 Sorento

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
9,529 Posts
Hi Nick,
Did you every get a true response... This happened to me a few times now.. But again this morning.. Did exactly what you did? Do you know if we have a key ignition behind the start button? Mine is a 2012 Sorento

Thank you
Hard to believe that you didn't notice the post directly above yours.

Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts