Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
05 Amanti
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.....
I believe I inadvertantly posted a thred in the wrong forum and I am trying to correct that mistake. I am the proud owner of an 05 Amanti in South Florida and am in the process of learning about the programing of key's and fob's. I purchased a new key and fob on the net. I then went to a locksmith in Boynton Beach where the new key was cut and it opens and locks the doors but they could not progran the "chip" to make it start the car. If my Amanti had been an 07 or newer they could do it ,but, not for first gen"s. The key fob programing was was simple and now both fob's work as intended.
The dealership wants 165.00 program the key even though I am supplying the already cut key. I guess I am at their mercy.
As a new member I welcome any info fellow members can give me. I am very glad I joined and best wishes to all.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,724 Posts
Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay!
I responed to your other post on the same question.

·
Premium Member
05 Amanti
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome.
My search for less expensive key "chip" programing has had good results! The folks at west palm kia programed my new key and re-programed my old key for 50.00 and I am a happy camper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts