Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to car modding and don't know what I'm doing. I want to install the KDM spec version of the Hatch (5 door) headlights on the Sedan. I understand the differences in harnesses, but it seems like the could be remedied with a simple adapter. Could someone much more experienced with cars and their electrical systems offer some aid?

Thank you,

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to car modding and don't know what I'm doing. I want to install the KDM spec version of the Hatch (5 door) headlights on the Sedan. I understand the differences in harnesses, but it seems like the could be remedied with a simple adapter. Could someone much more experienced with cars and their electrical systems offer some aid?

Thank you,
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Headlight housings for the sedan are different physically than the ones for the hatch and are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Headlight housings for the sedan are different physically than the ones for the hatch and are not interchangeable.
How are they not interchangeable? They're the same shape; i literally saw a low-trim hatch with the sedan's headlamp assembly (presumably replacements for theirs or maybe early hatches shared the same assy). The only difference is how the harness delivers power

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I always thought that they were different because they have different part numbers. Found that out when we had to replace one about three years ago..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always thought that they were different because they have different part numbers. Found that out when we had to replace one about three years ago..
Yeah, they have different p/ns. The overall shape's the same though. I just need to know how to make a proper adapter or if it's more complicated than that.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
From what I can see, the sedan combines the headlight low/high into one bulb/socket while the hatch separates them/ As long as the KDM spec hatch uses the same harness as the US spec hatch (I have no idea on that one), it would be perhaps as simple as getting the headlight harness (s) from a hatch and splicing it into the sedan harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
i tried googling what is/ are "KDM Spec Projection Headlights". i know what projectors are, but what are the differences or specifics to korean domestic market vs north america? links please..

what is the desired outcome/ effect of installing KDM projectors?

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
i tried googling what is/ are "KDM Spec Projection Headlights". i know what projectors are, but what are the differences or specifics to korean domestic market vs north america? links please..

what is the desired outcome/ effect of installing KDM projectors?
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts