Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Kia K2700 4x4, Landrover Defender, Landcruiser 80
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from the Philippines! I own a 2003 K2700 4x4 and I use it almost everyday as a personal and business vehicle. My line of business is automotive in nature, I have an auto restoration and carbon/fiberglass parts manufacturing facility thats why I started modifying my K2700 (Paris-Dakar Rally Truck look). Its also used with socio-civic projects like disaster response activities.

My mods are: new paint job, carbon fiber hood, fender trimming to fit bigger tires, re-upholstery and front and rear custom bumper. I still have a long list of mods to do but I lack technical data like the wheel PCD so I can fit alloys w/bigger tires, axle ratios, gearbox/transfer case ratios, engine data so I can increase power (if there is a japanese look-alike, coz history tells me KIA used Mazda engines)

I would like to ask help from the forum to fulfill my project. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
Kinda odd looking but it has a certain appeal that I ca'nt quite put my finger on. Tint the windows! Ah yes welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah tinting is one on the list!!!! I dont dont know where to get tech data on this truck. Can it be possibe that it uses the same drivetrain as the sportage? Just a guess....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im currently doing the external roll cage now. If i cant find the appropriate wheel set then i might install adapters from 5 to 6 holes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Cyberfarmer

Hi, I'm from Colombia and I'm plannig on getting a K2700 2010. I want it for off-road use so I would like to change tires mod suspension and paint. I want to achieve a Dakar-rally look. Whats your opinion? Can I see pictures of your K2700?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello All!

Its bee a decade since I posted re: K2700 in updating the project. Finally, I have set the modifications to an Expedition Camper theme and my choice of rig for inspiration is this:

REBELZILLA

I have attached the present to past pix.

(the blue housing reverse lights will be removed)

MODIFICATIONS:

A. BODY
1. Body Lift Kit 3"
2. Extended Rear Chassis Overhang to accommodate aluminum van
3. Front Winch Bumper
4. Rear Winch Bumper
5. Custom Cab Roll Cage - ONGOING
6. Custom Side Storage Boxes - ONGOING
7. Custom Skid Plates and Protection - ONGOING

B. MECHANICAL
1. Adjusted rear differential
2. Lengthened rear propeller
3. Custom Snorkel (vertical behind cab driver side, in parallel with the custom exhaust) - ONGOING
4. Custom Exhaust (vertical behind cab passenger side, like in big trucks) - ONGOING
5. SAS Conversion - (Solid axle front set up to replace the independent suspension by using Landcruiser 40 axles with 6 stud axles for an extensive wheel/tire combo choices) - ONGOING

C. ELECTRICAL
1. LED Lights
2. FOG Lights - ONGOING
3. AUXILLARY FUSEBOX and RELAYS - ONGOING
4. Dual Aircon
5. Rear Back Up Camera
6. Sound System

D. INTERIOR
1. Re-upholstered all interior to leather
2. Replace Steering Wheel
3. Other Outback Products - UNDECIDED

ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.....Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
E. REAR CAB Interior - No idea yet what to do for the interior

2017 BUILD PHOTOS

·
Registered
2004 Kia K2700 pock up
3 Posts
Can you show me pics of your front and rear suspension. I have a normal kia k2700 2004 model that i want to lift.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts