Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the K&N air filter on their Sedona and is there any improvement in power/mileage? I just ordered one so I will find out in a few weeks myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put the K&N filter and a Magnaflow exhaust on my Sedona Feb 2004. WOW!!!! MPG up to 26-28 hiway only no joke.combined driving is 18-20. Tons more power,it'll smoke the tires fo sho. It sounds REAL COOL as well. I took out both resonators and the big muffler and got just a little rumble in the cabin during cruise but it sounds great when you get on it for freeway on ramps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can spin the tyres on my sedona too - cos its got the factory fit Kuhmos ! Anyone fitted good handling tyres to there car ou there ? Coming up for replacements soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you're doing the kind of mods that I'm doing to my PT Cruiser! It must be quite a site seeing that Magnaflow sticking out the back of a Sedona. A sleeper for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eco, I don't know if they would fall under the performance tire, but I had some Goodyear Assurance tires. They have a good feel on the road. I never rotated the factory Khumo's and the fronts wore out at 32K. Neve really liked them anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For those of you that are interested... This is the best price anywhere with FREE Shipping $32.50 and last indefinately with cleaning and re-oiling. Considering the restrictive factory filter costs $18.00, it's worth the investment. Helps the Engine breath a whole lot easier...

AJ USA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, with the K&N filter I feel better low end torque, but I can't really gauge the mpg's yet because my water pump is starting to go out and haven't been driving it too much till I can take it in for repair. :angry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Swapped out my K/N from 02 PT to my 04 Sedona for kicks...nice low end boast, great sound, but negligible MPG's. Thinking that once I get a few more miles on it efficiency will increase dramatically, it did on the PT!

·
Registered
34 Posts
eco,

I stuck yokohama a539's on mine (2001 carnival LS) and they handle like a dream, good cornering stability and quiet (running 38psi)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts