Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered a K&N air filter to go along with my existing chip plug & play tuning box. Should have it in a few days. Is it difficult to install or replace the original? Step by step guide for a car technical novice like me, highly appreciated! :)

Anyone replaced the original bulbs with XEON lights?
Anyone replaced the tacky wood effect with the add-on brushed aluminium?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Unclip the 3/4 clips holding the air box down, remove old filter, replace with new.

Xeon lights.. I've seen a few types, and all have been less than great, even compared to standard, My tip is to use something like the osram Silver stars, or philips vision plus bulbs, tried both types in my car, and both were a marked improvememnt over std.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have Osram Silverstars sitting on my workbench waiting for me to figure out how to safely remove the headlight assemblies. The Service Manual and the owner's manual indicate the three screws to remove for each assembly, but there is a step beyond that which neither manual reveals. Can you help. I thing the Silverstars offer an excellent value; I have used them in my previous vehicle and was very impressed by the quality of the light output.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes there is one more step.....on the inside of the headlight assembly nearer the fender is a plastic bar that snaps into a holder. It is a bit unnerving but rock the assembly right to left and use a moderate pulling force on the light assembly and it will pop out. Reinstalling the assembly is very easy. The assembly will not rock very much in each direction but it will release. Let the Kia sit in the sun and allow the parts to heat up considerably and it will remove with ease. But if you don't feel comfortable with the process I would leave it alone. The assemblies are a couple hundred bucks each and you can scratch the lenes while you remove the assembly. Hope this helps, good luck.

Kwalkman

·
Registered
2009 KIA Sedona LX, 2006 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 GL
145 Posts
I agree with the romoval procedure.

I had installed a set of Silverstars in my Sedona but was unimresssed with them over stock. I'm not sure if it's the H7 bulbs or what. My father in law has a Dodge with 9004 and his Silverstars work great over stock.

Give it a try though I guess if you already have them. Let us know though as if you think they are better then maybe it was a difference in design of the actual headlamp assemby in the Sorento and Sedona.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts