Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just purchased a 2013 Sorento LX, with dealer installed leather seats and the package that upgrades engine and sound system, in snowy white pearl, I have done a few things to it since I got it..added the rear cargo shade, vent visors, and the rear cargo tray, I ordered and installed a rear spoiler from Car ID as well. I have always De-badged all the vehicles I have owned....hate to do free advertising , and I also just like the cleaner look.
I like the looks of the K badge over the stock KIA badges,I read here on this site that others suggest taping them off and giving then a shot of clear coat to protect the black....after doing this....my question is, are they standing up well, is the chrome on them holding up? Would you do the badge swap a gain? Or do you wish you had left the stock ones on....thanks...any help on this will be appreciated

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
When I was younger, I was into modding/racing Audis. As a matter of course, I'd de-badge them. After a while, I just got bored with it and decided it wasn't worth the time/effort. I've never seen these "K badges" in person. However, I'd think that if you wanted to "protect" them from the elements, you'd want to shoot them with clear BEFORE applying them. Florida sun is pretty tough so it's anyone's guess if that would make any difference in longevity or not.

Best,

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
I think the newer ones are much better. I saw a set on a Kia Optima and the front was peeling/oxidized. I'm pretty sure it was a cheap set though. I'm sure the newer/more expensive ones will hold up better.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kia-Stuff has a set I am looking at....not sure if these are newer ones that will hold up better.....anyone know what online supplier would have the best ones??

·
Registered
2011 KIA Optima Hybrid (Premium, Light Graphite)
187 Posts
I have had a set on my Optima for about a year and all winter - and they look as good as new :)

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you RSASorento, that's the type of feedback I was looking for, what company did you buy from, not sure if there is just one manufacturer of them, and everybody is selling the same product at different prices , or if there are various manafactuer's with varying quality?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Forte SX 1.6 Turbo , Automatic, Navigation.
25 Posts
Installed mine in 2011 and just within the last 6 months we are getting the peeling/oxidized look. Out in the Florida sun everyday doesn't help, going to by a new set and clear coat them as advised here before install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts