Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
How does the badge make the car look "sleek"?

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, I am thinking about them myself. But the car looks the same. And UVO isn't a package, it is the base stereo system.

Anyways, thanks for the pics, looks good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does the badge make the car look "sleek"?

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, I am thinking about them myself. But the car looks the same. And UVO isn't a package, it is the base stereo system.

Anyways, thanks for the pics, looks good.

It looks way better compared to the Kia emblem, obviously it's the same body style all I was saying is the emblem makes the car itself look better. I had two people come up to me at work asking what kind of car it is because it didnt say kia on it. One guy thought it was a Lexus. I'm not big into cars so the only other thing I want is all weather mats and possibly a shark fin antenna. Besides that though, the emblems are nice looking.

In some of the dealerships I went to didn't have UVO or the navigation so to me it was a package.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
12 Posts
UVO w/out navi is the mid-tier stereo, the base stereo works great, but it's definitely not UVO. I think the badge looks great as well though. I went ahead and took the sportage emblem off of my car, it looked like it threw off the balance since there's nothing on the other side. The black on black at least looks great without a silver emblem on the bottom left.

·
Registered
2011 TechnoOrange Sx, 2008 Toyota Solara SLE, 1946 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan
66 Posts
Just curious as to removing the Sportage emblem. How are the letters affixed to the rear door? Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Just curious as to removing the Sportage emblem. How are the letters affixed to the rear door? Thanks.
Double sided tape bro. Just heat it up with a hair dryer or carefully with a heat gun, then use some dental floss to pop em off. Its really easy. And if the car is pretty new, they will pop right off on a hot day in the sun.

Then just use some Goof Off or Goo Gone to take the residue off, you are all set.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
It looks way better compared to the Kia emblem, obviously it's the same body style all I was saying is the emblem makes the car itself look better. I had two people come up to me at work asking what kind of car it is because it didnt say kia on it. One guy thought it was a Lexus. I'm not big into cars so the only other thing I want is all weather mats and possibly a shark fin antenna. Besides that though, the emblems are nice looking.

In some of the dealerships I went to didn't have UVO or the navigation so to me it was a package.
Anyone who asks what it is doesn't know crap about cars.

That said, I do also enjoy the look of the emblems you have.

As for UVO..............apparently I missed the bus. I thought it was UVO or Nav these days. Guess not.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
I have the new 3.0 3d K emblems, I just need to get some time to tape of the chrome and clearcoat the black areas so I can replace my older K emblems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the new 3.0 3d K emblems, I just need to get some time to tape of the chrome and clearcoat the black areas so I can replace my older K emblems.
That's what mine has :) , why can't you just take the older k badge off and replace it without having to tape off the chrome & clear coat the black?

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
That's what mine has :) , why can't you just take the older k badge off and replace it without having to tape off the chrome & clear coat the black?
I was referring to the new badges about the taping and clearcoating. Without clear coat, over time youll notice lime deposits which are white spots that keeping reappearing on the black area of the emblem. Eventually itll embed itself and getting rid of it is going to be a pain. Clearcoating provides a coat of protection from the lime deposit to embed itself on the black and easy to clean.

·
Registered
2004 Optima, 2009 G8, 1986 Capri
192 Posts
I have K-Badges on my 04 Optima, like the look better then the Kia badges.
I clear coated mine as well before I put them on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have K-Badges on my 04 Optima, like the look better then the Kia badges.
I clear coated mine as well before I put them on.

Idk if I'm going to clear coat it, but what did you use? Is there a difference if I don't?

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
Literally two posts above yours, the dude explained why you should clear coat it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Literally two posts above yours, the dude explained why you should clear coat it.

Stop being a d**k to me. I wanted to know what he used since the guy 2 posts before me didn't say what he used. Why don't you keep your comments to yourself if you have nothing informative to say. The only thing would happen if I don't clear coat it is spots?? My bf has his since 2009 on his '10 koup and nothing happened to them without the clear coat.

Literally keep to yourself.

·
Premium Member
11 Sportage AWD SX
32 Posts
Stop being a d**k to me. I wanted to know what he used since the guy 2 posts before me didn't say what he used. Why don't you keep your comments to yourself if you have nothing informative to say. The only thing would happen if I don't clear coat it is spots?? My bf has his since 2009 on his '10 koup and nothing happened to them without the clear coat.

A lot of that on this board unfortunately. Dont worry about the clear coating. If you keep your car clean for the most part you should be fine.

·
Registered
2012 White Sportage LX 6 Spd MT and 2016 Honda HR-V LX CWT
34 Posts
I have mine for awhile and I don't have any problem with it (no clearcoat done). Referring to the front and the back k badges. Besides you have to clear coat it first before installing it. It'll be hard to do it since you have to protect the area you don't want to spray and the possibility of overspraying that leads to dripping. If you feel uneasy just apply any car polish directly to the badge and wipe it with a dry cloth and any white residue on crevices use an old soft toothbrush to brush it.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts

Public forum lady, put me on ignore if you don't like it, it is that simple. ;)

He said clear coat, it comes in spray cans, generally it is polyurethane, sold in any auto parts store.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have mine for awhile and I don't have any problem with it (no clearcoat done). Referring to the front and the back k badges. Besides you have to clear coat it first before installing it. It'll be hard to do it since you have to protect the area you don't want to spray and the possibility of overspraying that leads to dripping. If you feel uneasy just apply any car polish directly to the badge and wipe it with a dry cloth and any white residue on crevices use an old soft toothbrush to brush it.

Thanks :) I probably won't bother, but if I do it's good to know how to.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
He said clear coat, it comes in spray cans, generally it is polyurethane, sold in any auto parts store.
Yup, what he said :).

I just dont like wasting money as I did on the last K badges (they are not cheap and replacing takes time too), so anyway to prolong the badge looking nice for a few extra dollars and time of prep work is well worth it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you guys think it wold be better to clearcoat a couple of times before installing the badge to not to accidentally mess up the paint...? like several coats with a spray can type of clear coat on the badge??

1 - 20 of 55 Posts