Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0858 Kia Pro_Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi, Red
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from taking the Cee'd to the south of France (well - about two thirds of the way down), having owned my 2008 Pro Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi only a few months this was the first big test for it, as I've been having a few comfort issues with the car (I'm 6ft 6) I was dreading the back/leg ache from the 710 mile drive to my destination in the Limousin.

Had the car with one passenger, with the boot fully loaded and a lot of weight on the back seat too (3 15 litre tins of paint for starters) so was expecting the fuel economy to take a hit.

Bradford to Dover (in the middle of the night) yielded 47.8mpg (brim to brim calculation) trip computer saying 48.2 so not bad.

Dunkerque to Limoges was another story - 439 miles in 25-28 degree heat so air con on for most of the seven hours it took, cruise control set to 80mph for 90% of the journey, with the occasional foray into three figure speeds but only once or twice. The trip computer readout dropped to 42.1, but I calculated this up to 44.3mpg, which I think is excellent - both my Saab 93 2.2 TiD and Citroen C5 2.2 HDi registered 36-38mpg on the same drive, fully loaded so pleased with that, plus the seats seemed to get more comfy the longer I drove which I didn't expect, having been the only thing I disliked about the car previously.

Overall the Pro went like a train, without fault and in much greater comfort, refinement and economy than what I was expecting - It's the best car I've owned in fact (and I've had some nice other cars - Vectra 3.2 GSi, BMW 320td Compact, Honda Civic 1.8 VTi) and hands down the smoothest, quietest diesel engine I've ever driven too.

Right I'm off to clean the bugs off the front!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just done a 1,000 mile road trip. Climate on most of the time and cruise set at 70 on the sat nav. Car loaded to max. Head wind for at least 50% of the time. Delighted to have got approx. 55mpg. Its a 1.6 CRDi SW.

Took the bugs a while to soak off.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just put it through the car wash. Bugs still present. Trip to Halfords required.

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Glad the trip to France went OK. But, 3 15 litre tins of paint! Well, I would have taken it as beer then it would have been worth the mpg hit. :lol:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long story, paint in France is crap. Apparently. Car feels like a 2 litre now

·
Registered
Kia ProCeed Sport 2.0
46 Posts
Great to see your mpg figures and journey. I am 6ft 3in, so not quite as tall, but I can see where your coming from with regards to room in the cabin and stuff. I just done a round trip from Glasgow to London, total of about 800 miles, managed it on one tank of diesel and got 67mpg. I do have the 2.0 Diesel lump but cruised flawlessly :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great to see your mpg figures and journey. I am 6ft 3in, so not quite as tall, but I can see where your coming from with regards to room in the cabin and stuff. I just done a round trip from Glasgow to London, total of about 800 miles, managed it on one tank of diesel and got 67mpg. I do have the 2.0 Diesel lump but cruised flawlessly :)
800 to a tank? Thats amazing - I've never got anywhere near 67mpg in my 1.6 CRDi, best I've seen has been 54mpg, just goes to show you how much the 1.6 needs the 6 speed box

1 - 8 of 8 Posts