Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just Installed Class 3 Hitch on Sportster EX

Hi all,

Just installed a Curt Class 3 hitch on our new Kia Sportster EX. I bought the hitch from Amazon for $145 bucks, free shipping. The dealer wanted $450 to add one on.

When I bought from Amazon, there was a shipping delay, plus I received the wrong mounting hardware. The bolts used are 10mm x 1.25 x 30mm. I received 5" 7/16 bolts! Anywho, quick trip to tractor supply resolved the issue for $10.

Install was easy. Didn't drop the exhaust and used a ramp to hold the hitch in place. I did this by myself and just bolted loosely, one side at a time. When it was in place, I then removed the bolts one at a time and re-installed with loc-tite blue, torgued to 37 foot pounds. All in all, took a couple hours. Includes running to the store for the correct bolts and doing by myself. If I had the correct hardware, probably would have taken 45 minutes or less. Looks great!

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX w/ Convenience Pkg
24 Posts
Think you can post up a picture? I have been wanting to put a hitch on mine.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,000 Posts
All been covered before..........

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX, 6spd manual
184 Posts
Hi all,

Just installed a Curt Class 3 hitch on our new Kia Sportster EX. I bought the hitch from Amazon for $145 bucks, free shipping. The dealer wanted $450 to add one on.

When I bought from Amazon, there was a shipping delay, plus I received the wrong mounting hardware. The bolts used are 10mm x 1.25 x 30mm. I received 5" 7/16 bolts! Anywho, quick trip to tractor supply resolved the issue for $10.

Install was easy. Didn't drop the exhaust and used a ramp to hold the hitch in place. I did this by myself and just bolted loosely, one side at a time. When it was in place, I then removed the bolts one at a time and re-installed with loc-tite blue, torgued to 37 foot pounds. All in all, took a couple hours. Includes running to the store for the correct bolts and doing by myself. If I had the correct hardware, probably would have taken 45 minutes or less. Looks great!
Thanks for info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts