Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX White
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
did not want to wait 5 months to get a new one so I got one that was traded in with 14k KM on it.. AWESOME.

my question is how do I access the Fog lights to change them to LED?

I am coming from a 2008 Kia Rio5 SX

Pics of car because people love pictures!

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
No idea on how to access the fog lamps, should be in the manual. I just wanted to stop by and say nice car. :p

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
393 Posts
ya nice looking car.
while you are at the fog lamps, see if you can find any way to turn them on independent of the the headlights. My fog lamps will not come on unless I have the headlights on, which kind of defeats the purpose of fog lamps....

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
ya nice looking car.
while you are at the fog lamps, see if you can find any way to turn them on independent of the the headlights. My fog lamps will not come on unless I have the headlights on, which kind of defeats the purpose of fog lamps....
same on my Soul, but only works with the low beams, so with the flat cut-offs of the low beams, I find it works out okay.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX White
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
more pics just because.. I find that if I had OCD.. it would start with keeping a white car clean in the winter season.. I think I have put it though 12 car washes in less then 2 weeks.. LOL

LED Fog lamps will be in next week and LED turn signal bulbs will be in around same time.

·
Registered
12' KIA Rio5 SX & 15' KIA Sedona SXL
76 Posts
Very nice, looking clean! As far as the fog lamps, hope the following diagram helps! Good luck, very tight squeeze!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6, Regency Red, Built in Georgia March 16, 2016 - Bought it April 28th, 2016
462 Posts
Just in case the diagram is not clear, remove the wheel fender liner to get to the foglights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
fog lamps are made to be used in fog/rain low visibility situations at night. that is why they are synced to come on only with low beams. high beams make things worse in rain, snow, fog etc. they arent made to run all the time and put a pretty big pull on the battery to run them.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
fog lamps are made to be used in fog/rain low visibility situations at night. that is why they are synced to come on only with low beams. high beams make things worse in rain, snow, fog etc. they arent made to run all the time and put a pretty big pull on the battery to run them.
Fog lamps used to be for fog etc, but now they are more of a cosmetic accessory. The fogs that come stock don't really compare to true fog lights from 20 years ago.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX White
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the lamps pull less then 6watts now so they can be run anytime. i have hid coming thursday which will help now that the fogs have gone cosmetic

love the look.. i am going to do the DRL led swap so the last led is orange also.

I Am wiring up a relay to always open my side mirrors when the car starts.. and close when turned off.. it will be a pain but worth it

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX White
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Noticed after installing the HID the keyfob has a hard time locking the doors unless you are close or until the lights have turned off.. I tested each ballast and no matter what side is unplugged it happens.. both attached to the metal frame to the corners of the hood. Not much of a bother for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
took out the stock fog lamps and put in some LED ones.. it gives sort of a Angel eye effect.. I like it.. my HID will be here Monday so they will be going in next.
I have been looking all over for led fog lights. Do you have a online shop that ships internationally that I can check out?

Also I am guessing the fog lights are not much of a fog light after switching to the led bulbs?

·
Registered
2013 Rio EX. 2014 Rio SX
273 Posts
I like the chocolate interior. I got the white on tan combination, but the chocolate was my first choice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts