Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all been watching this forum for a few weeks and finally joined.

I have a Kia Sedona diesel auto modified for left leg driving. Lost the other one somewhere, not been able to find it for ages.

This is my second sedona so I suppose you could say I am quite happy with it.

It meets my needs at a competitive price.

Catch you all later.

Pete
Norfolk UK

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello PeteS,

Sorry to hear that, when you say modified because of a limb loss do you mean the pedals have been swaped around and do you have hand controls as well?

Was your first Sedona a diesel also?.
Seacam

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First Sedona was a 2002 diesel manual.

Then I lost my right leg and was misinformed that I would have to get an auto box and have a left leg throttle fitted. This is what I have had done, you still keep the normal right leg throttle but it is sprung loaded and hides under dash when not in use.

As I said above I was misinformed and later found out that I could have had an auto clutch fitted to the manual.

Ah well you live and learn.

Pete

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Pete,

As we all do.

I'm new to Kia, I didn't know there was a Sedona diesel manual, I thought they were all diesel auto's.

Clearly as this is your second Sedona you find it most suitable for you and the space is just great.
I was a little surprised being an amputee you don't find the seat hight a little difficult, not so much getting in but decanting, more so as it's is your right leg that's gone.

Any major nigles with the 02, what was the miles on it when you replaced it?
Seacam

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Welcome aboard I've had my 03 plate Sedona for nearly 3 weeks now and am still enjoying driving it (when I can get the keys off my wife).

Seacam my diesels a manual. I'm never happy with automatics (tho I do prefer driving them) We deliberately chose a manual gearbox because we intend to do a high mileage with a lot of towing.

BTW I think LDV chose the Kia Sedona gearbox for their new Van due to its strength and reliability.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by seacam@Sep 19 2005, 11:29 PM
Hello Pete,

As we all do.

I'm new to Kia, I didn't know there was a Sedona diesel manual, I thought they were all diesel auto's.

Clearly as this is your second Sedona you find it most suitable for you and the space is just great.
I was a little surprised being an amputee you don't find the seat hight a little difficult, not so much getting in but decanting, more so as it's is your right leg that's gone.

Any major nigles with the 02, what was the miles on it when you replaced it?
Seacam
Hi Seacam

The space is just what I need, I have taken out the rear seats and this allows me to transport either my Mobility Scooter or my Golf buggy which both fit in nicely using ramps.
As for the seat height, no problem in fact it is easier to get in or out than my wife's car Hyundai Accent. (perhaps I should have said I wear a prosthesis)

The previous Sedona had 27,000 on it and had been no problem, I part ex at the same garage that it was bought from and who had done all the servicing and got £11,000 for it which I thought at the time was very good.

Thanks all for the welcome, I do have a few questions but will post in the relevant forum's.

Cheers all

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts