Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento LX w/Convenience Package
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in our 2011 Sorento for a 2014 Sorento LX w/ Convenience Package.

Few questions:
1. Anyone have the window deflectors (vents) on their Sorento and pictures of them? I'm thinking about getting them, but not sure the wife would like the look. What about the bug deflector up front?

2. I've noticed how loose the steering wheel feels compared to her 2011, which I assume is due to the electric steering. In the manual it talks about three options, but sounds like they're for higher models? Do you get used to it after a while?

3. Looking at putting tint on the car... back windows and rear were already tinted. The guy I spoke with on the phone said that most likely the back ones are a tiny bit darker than legal (Florida) and if I wanted all windows to look the same I would have to take that chance. Anyone tint the front ones the same? I just think having two different shades would bug me forever.

4. Any news on weathertech coming out with mats for it? Thankfully my cargo mat fit still, but everything else is different.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
63 Posts

Few questions:
1. Anyone have the window deflectors (vents) on their Sorento and pictures of them? I'm thinking about getting them, but not sure the wife would like the look. What about the bug deflector up front?

Visors are on my list too. But debating on which on to get. Pictures would help.

2. I've noticed how loose the steering wheel feels compared to her 2011, which I assume is due to the electric steering. In the manual it talks about three options, but sounds like they're for higher models? Do you get used to it after a while?

I'm still trying to get use to mines also. I have the same vehicle.

3. Looking at putting tint on the car... back windows and rear were already tinted. The guy I spoke with on the phone said that most likely the back ones are a tiny bit darker than legal (Florida) and if I wanted all windows to look the same I would have to take that chance. Anyone tint the front ones the same? I just think having two different shades would bug me forever.

Daym man reading what you've asked sounds like your my twin! I just talked to my tint guy yesterday on tinting. I wanted to do all windows the same.

4. Any news on weathertech coming out with mats for it? Thankfully my cargo mat fit still, but everything else is different.

I may look into these but first I want a trailer hitch.

Thanks!

^this.......

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SXL
66 Posts

Few questions:

Thanks!
We have the SXL titanium paint and the bug deflector looks great on that. You can buy an OEM on Amazon much cheaper than from your dealer. (OEM bolts on)

If you have the little steering wheel icon button on your steering wheel you can adjust the feel. Other than that I guess you'll have to get used to what you have now.

I have a Ram 1500 quadcab with the different tints it naver has bothered me and I like having the lighter tint in front in the night time.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SXL
41 Posts
I called Weathertech and they told me the floor mats are still in the design phase and it may be 4-6 weeks. As long as they have them before the snow falls I can wait. Has anyone heard about the Husky brand of floor mats? They have the same type as Weathertech...

Hey skunk, I just put the Curt tube hitch on my SXL and it looks great! Super easy to install too. Two of us and it took less than an hour at a slow pace. Amazon should be your first stop.... $120 as of last week.

·
Registered
2014 KIA sorento, 2012 chrysler town & country, 1988 Mustang GT
1 Posts
I just installed a set of Husky Liner mats last week. They fit great (first & second row). They cost me about $145 with free shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts