Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just collected my Carens over the weekend. Very excited.
Still trying to figure out the controls.
Note one interesting feature about the rear view mirror.
It's auto anti glare looks cool at night. It turns abit greenish,...

Still trying to run in the car,...140Km so far since Sat-19

Regards,

Ed, :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To run in the car, I drove to the airport for makan from the car collection center. test out the drive in SLE, TPE...update the season parking...
The car do rather well between the 60km/h to 70km/h range. Surprise to observe that at the speed the rpm is about 2000 or below, I would thought that maybe it would be about 2.5k.
The Kenwood audio is pretty good once I started to configure it, not as hollow as during the test drive.
In the day, to keep the car comfort cool, I have to put the aircon blower at 2, but at night air con blower at 1 suffice.
The sales lady told to me not to rev the car above 3K rpm and to keep the speed below 90km/h(now that is difficult)
:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea man.
Still very excited.
Tested the rain sensor, cool man.
Suspension is good. Only thing is that when I turn at slope in a car park
the car seems to rock abit.
It's only about 500km now. I start the FC monitoring once after the 1000km. Is there a site that do F/C for you? :)
After 1000km I test out the ABS...with emergency brake...any idea where can
I get to accessories for Carens. I am thinking to fit up those car windows kit.

So far so good, my wife have not dent it yet... :unsure:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Just got my Carens 2.0l last Friday.

So far so good, very happy with the car, except for this irritating "eeeee" sound from the speakers. Now it's in C&C for checkup on that. Probably got to do with the setup with the new HU.

With the rainy weather, the auto wipers are quite cool to use, tho i don't like it when it go to maximum speed. Personally I don't use the maximum speed, too fast.

BTW, what's with the anti-glare mirror? Any idea how to use it, or is it just on/off? And .... how do I keep it turned off. Each time I start the car, it just turns itself on, and I got to switch it off. Same for the recirculating aircon button, got to press it everytime I start the car, if not it will be sucking air from outside.

I'm planning to get some accessories too, side bars, spoiler, and maybe the front and rear bumper lips. Anybody wanna chip in together and try to push for a discount?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The anti glare rear mirror turns greenish automatically.
The cool thing about it is that, it does not goes greenish immediately
when turn on. Somehow, it goes greenish only on certain condition and then
back to normal again. It quite cools. Looks like it got some intelligent built into it.
One thing though, it truns on each time the engine is started. It would better
if that can be avoid.

And the aircon thing too, somehow it was default to fresh air intake each time
the engine is turn on.

I am also interested in install those windows side cover. Maybe we chip in together
and get a good discount.

Regards,

Ed,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

Does your car audio system comes with a remote control?
I was reading the car audio system, it mention a remote control.

Regards, :)

Ed,

·
Registered
30 Posts
HI User700,

I think You should go back to C&C to reset your aircon. I think by pressing the circulating mode 5 times before you crank your engine. Did they explain to you when you got your car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi user700 & eelsemaj

I've got better price on Carens full body kit (rear spoiler, left/right side skirting and front/rear skirting) for about RM600++ and windows side cover (door visor) for about RM70++. I'm in Kuala Lumpur. If interested, please e-mail me. How to send it? we will discuss later. either by post or courier or any best way for you.TQ.

Anyway, have you got any problem during rainy season with knocking sound from the exhaust pipe at the bottom of carens 2.0 . I've got this problem with new carens 1.8 EX. Two times I have brought it to service center and they just adjust the two mounting for exhaust pipe. I'm not happy with this matter.
I'm suggesting to further my complain to technical site in Kia Land (Korea) to make sure this thing not happen again because I consider this is as 'design problem'. I suggest Kia to built another mounting in the middle of exhaust pipe (to become three mounting) because I've seen there is a two hole in the bottom side of carens. I don't know what's the purpose and hopefully it can be works to prevent knocking sound during rainy season.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I found out from another forum that it was stated somewhere in the manual that the aircon recirculating mode can be fixed. Will need to go flip the manual and find it. :haha:

The hifi comes with a remote. The model I got is Kenwood DDX 7025. It's a double-din touchscreen DVD player. The roofmount LCD screen also has it's own remote. Have not played with the system yet, cos my wife drives it most of the time. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of doing :

- side bars
- spoiler
- either bump guards or front/rear bumper lips
- windows visor
- vkool/coolnlite (cannot decide which)

Anyone looking at this and want to give me a quote on it? It'd be good if installation is included.

·
Registered
8 Posts
nizam2877,

My friend driving a 1.8 Carens also have the knocking sound problem during raining days. Read from some forums that it was due to the rain hitting the exhaust or something like that.

It was raining quote heavily these couple of days, and I don't hear anything from my Carens (2.0 CVVT). So I guess they must've fixed it somewhere.

I'm interested in the bodykit, but KL's too far for me to drive to, and I don't know any reliable installers here leh. Also, I don't want the whole kit. Want to install side bars, so cannot put side skirts.

You have any lobang for the sidebars? The ones without the steps. I find the steps make it look too much like a bus. But ... that's just my opinion.

:57:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi guys,

I manage to speak to the techincal guy. The aircon can be set to default recycle mode, but it has to be done in ther workshop. As for the anti glare, that cannot be
set to default off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi eelsemaj,

Mine is Kenwood DPX-MP4040B, non-touch screen type :(
You meant yous got LCD screen for DVD/VCD videos?
When did you buy that Carens.
I noted that your are thinking of installing vkool/coolnlite, did they not throw
in the ritecool for you?

Regards,

Ed,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys.

I went thru the manual once again. I finally default the aircon to recirculate mode.
It is written in page 4-69 :blush:

Here's the instructions:
Set the fan speed to zero
Set the mode to defrost
Press the recirculate button 5 times within 3 seconds.
You will it blink 3 times.
(Remember to set the mode button correctly again)
To return to fresh air mode, just repeat the above procedure again.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yo,

user700,

I booked my car early March, just got my car last Friday on 1st Apr.

I was moving from my previous car, Kia Sephia, to the current Carens. So I told the sales rep to throw in something for me since I'm a repeate customer. I was looking for a root-mount LCD screen. Managed to get it. At first, was told that I am getting a DVD changer (a second changer on top of the CD changer). When I got the car, was told that they don't have the changer, so gave me the touchscreen instead. It works as a LCD screen when the handbrake is up as well.

Nope, no rikecool for my car. Was quoted $680 for it. Don't think it's such a good deal tho, as I got a quote from vkool at $740 for the mirage package.

Anybody out there with any comments on the solar films?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi,

I just manage to compute the FC, after I top up yesterday.
It is about 7.3km per liter. (Odometer reading is about 900km)
I happens drove the car till the fuel indicator lighted up. It manage to
only fill 43 liters at full tank. I thought it's supposed to be 55 liters?

Anyone got an explanation?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts