Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 60 reg Ceed has done 51k miles on the 1st set of tyres and I have just changed the fronts for a set of the same Michelin Energy Savers. Got these from ATS as they were only £3 dearer than the cheapest supplier I found on-line and they are doing a promotion with Michelin which gives you a £25 fuel voucher if you buy 2 tyres although you have to send off for the voucher.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,237 Posts
My Ceed has done 51k miles on the 1st set of tyres and I have just changed the fronts for a set of the same Michelin Energy Savers.
51k Miles? ...or was it kilometers? I get about 60k kilometers out of Michelin energy savers, 40k on the front and 80k on the rear.

(Sent from my computer ;))

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
I think 50k (miles) is about right. Those who get a lot less are usually the "boy racer" type who brake hard, accelerate fast and corner hard. It's their fault if they haven't learned that bad driving costs money! :harhar:

(Typed with two fingers and sent by electronic pidgeon post)

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,237 Posts
I think 50k (miles) is about right. Those who get a lot less are usually the "boy racer" type who brake hard, accelerate fast and corner hard. It's their fault if they haven't learned that bad driving costs money! :harhar:
It's the wife's car; I'll make sure to have a word with her about her tyre-frying antics on the way home from school (she's a senior teacher). I do tend to change the tyres while they still have some useful tread left; I have a couple of spares that still have 20k remaining.

·
Registered
kia ceed SW GT line MY 2018
138 Posts

(Typed with two fingers and sent by electronic pidgeon post)
Sorry have to disagree. Take a look at a map of the A537 between Buxton and Macclesfield. This has average speed cameras set to 50 mph. Some of the corners you cannot "boy racer" around unless you want to "off road" and by the way I see this at least once a week. This is the road I have to use to get to/from work each day. As has previously been mentioned I'm on the third set of front tyres at 30000 miles and I can assure you I'm not a boy racer by any stretch of the imagination, infact driving miss daisy would be a more accurate description.
I resent that my "bad driving" is a cause of my excessive tyre wear. Harhar if you want but please don't tar us all with the same brush.
Sorry again but the two fingers are being used for something entyrely different. nernernernerner.

Regards

Chris:mad:

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its not road speed that leads to Tyre wear but how fast the clutch is brought up, engine spped when clutch us raised, and how hard breaking is. If your Tyre wear is much higher than average on the same car then the issue has to be driving style.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2010 Kia Cee'd 2 - 124BHP 1.6petrol
560 Posts
Twists abnd turns will take their toll as much as anything else! but equally so too do those who tyre squal to the supermarket! Hopefully it wasnt intended to be a tar on all, I expect, it was a vague generalisation that wasnt intended to encapsulate the decent drivers :) I tend to change gear rapidly within milliseconds, and it doesnt make too much of a difference on my tyres, I try to keep the rev drop between gear changes, as little as possible, so I dont need to fart around trying to rev match.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
TBH I have good driving days and bad ones;
Good being 'economical & gentle' - bad being 'just get there goddammit & don't spare the horses' :lol:
My front's have done almost 25k and have about 4mm remaining, rear's still have a good 8 or so mm. That's the stock Michelin Eco Warrior what'evers.

Like Chris, my commute's mostly twisty lanes, and even on 'speedy' days I'm still a considerate, observed driver. Driving style, road type and road condition all go towards wearing tyres, and lets be honest many of our country lanes are pretty frikkin bad these days (I saw the back end of a vauxhall nova sticking out of a pot hole on Monday! lol).

I really don't think it's necessary or helpful to jump in & slag off member's driving skills or style just because their tyre wear/fuel consumption isn't as 'fab' as your own. There's too many variables for one thing.

At the end of the day we're all adults who share a common interest here, so lets have less of the playground talk ok!

·
Registered
560 Posts
lol Yes Teach ;) there are a lot of different conditions that can and will affect you, and your tyres. Tyre squel is one them and each county will take equally poor care of its roads as the next (compare ours to the french roads!) so some counties will get more wear and tear than others, with exactly the same driving standard as applied to other counties.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There was a Ceed owner on another forum a few months ago boasting his Ceed 4 CRDi would do 0-60 in 7.9 seconds and said he was going to post a U Tube video to prove it, never saw it. A few weeks ago he posted again saying that he had left the road when he had to brake hard to avoid another car. he is blaming the ESP/ABS systems on the car (he has involved the Police and DVLA) when from his previous posts he is clearly of the boy racer persuation. Hope they find his earlier posts proving this. There are too many fools on the road.

·
Registered
560 Posts
haha, that is an unfortunate turn of events for him, lol. Unfortunately as you say, the evidence is there, the problem is, you cant prove it was him as an individual, although its the same poster, you cant prove his virtual identity is the same as his drivers license!

I wonder why he involved the police and DVLA?!?!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts