Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to the local Kia Dealer to try the new 2005 Sportage to change my old 2001 Top. My father followed (he said: "Nothing to do... let's see these Corean cars you like so much").

When we arrived I saw, in the middle of the backyard, a new 2006-Rio. 5 doors, hatchback, 1.5 diesel engine 109 hp, 8 airbags, ABS, EBD, BAS, ESP, electric mirrors, car audio with mp3 player, alloy wheels. Nice little car (for about 14000 Euros)

My dad began to circle around it ... :thumbsup:

While I tried new Sportage (my god I always hated Authomatic Gears but the one which is installed on new Sportage it's very very good), and bought it ...

... my father was trading to bought new rio... Two new Kias in the family. We will receive our cars for the end of october.

Just a little note. My father had a Ford Puma and he always drived it very, how can I say, "not conforming with street code" :grin: . When I ask how was the new rio he said to me "**** good fast little car but ... I wasn't able to slip whells... ESP is too protective"

Pila

·
Registered
97 Posts
A diesel rio? NIIIIIIIICEEE... Now I wonder why exactly they don't make this in the USA........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to USA last May... My god your gasoline costs about 1/3 than in europe!!

Who cares about diesel?

Pila

·
Registered
97 Posts
Who cares? I care! They're much simpler to maintain, more efficient, diesel, depending where you're at, it costs less, they generally pollute less, if you're in a state where there's emissions testing you're exempt--- there's $50 right there AT LEAST! The list goes on and on!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, ok.

I went to North carolina and there diesel costed more than gasoline. On the other hand, you are right on everything about diesel engines. Modern turbodiesel are a very good pieces of engineering and, here in Europe, are mounted on about about 60-70% of the cars. I had two cars and both are diesel.

I only didn't think to fine some people from USA with some interest about diesel engines. They are simply very different from your way to build engines (usually your engines are far bigger, with more cilinders, less electronic, less HP and much more torque).

Bye

Pila

1 - 6 of 6 Posts