Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Rio 1.6L Automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!

Just bought my first Kia Rio. It's a 2005 automatic. I am still learning the ins and outs of it. Has been a great car so far. I was worried about the timing belt but I discovered one of the bolts was missing on the timing cover. I kind of got a sigh of relief because it looks to have been changed at some point. I am at 106,600 miles so I kind of want to do it anyway and see what else needs done to it. So far this forum has been invaluable to learning about my Rio! Thanks and look forward to being in the community!:D

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Even thoe you think the timming belt may have been replaced if you don't know for sure get it done now, piece of mind. Every 6 years or 60k. If it was done before going by the maintenance schedual your due soon by miles anyway this is a big deal with these interferance engines it's that important. http://www.kiatechinfo.com/ for service materials. also get the tranny fluid and filter replaced also. Enjoy your car and the forum and chime in whenever you can to help here. Reguard's Ronjohn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts