Kia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,
I just got 2013 Sportage LX FWD with convenience package.
39 months lease with $355 monthly payment ($0 down-payment)
Did the dealer got me?? total was $24095.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX FWD
354 Posts
$24k doesn't sound too bad, if that's everything: taxes, financing fees, etc. Did you put anything down anyway?

I paid almost $1500 in taxes on my SX and the finance fee was about $300. this is where i got ripped off. all the dealer financing machinery pretty much eliminated my ability to negotiate on price. Which probably wasn't as strong as i thought, because the SX's are fairly coveted and the sportage is popular enough. not many sitting on dealers lots around here.

I found that i would have been much better off going to my bank first to setup financing and then just go to the dealer with a check and negotiate on price instead of terms. Much better way to do it.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX (Black Cherry), 2012 Piaggio Fly 50 4v (Midnight Blue)
52 Posts
$24k doesn't sound too bad, if that's everything: taxes, financing fees, etc. Did you put anything down anyway?

I paid almost $1500 in taxes on my SX and the finance fee was about $300. this is where i got ripped off. all the dealer financing machinery pretty much eliminated my ability to negotiate on price. Which probably wasn't as strong as i thought, because the SX's are fairly coveted and the sportage is popular enough. not many sitting on dealers lots around here.

I found that i would have been much better off going to my bank first to setup financing and then just go to the dealer with a check and negotiate on price instead of terms. Much better way to do it.
I had a blank check from my bank when I got there but didn't have to/couldn't negotiate because I had an internet pricing deal. Salesman wasn't too upset about it because it was a pretty quick sale for him -- just took time with me to do a test drive and fill out paper work. However, when I went to do the financing the financing lady who tries to upsell you on all the warranties and coatings and such was actually able to beat my bank's interest rate by almost a full percentage point. That surprised me. Never heard of a $300 financing charge, but it never surprises me the fees dealerships can make up. :p

·
Registered
2011 Sportage, 2007 GTI, 2000 Firehawk
137 Posts
Not really anything you can do now. So to make you feel better, I'll just say that I think you got a fair deal. :) Don't sweat it, and enjoy the ride. :)

Next time, do your research and comparisons BEFORE. If you aren't sure on something, ask questions.

Now, with a lease, you just have to make sure you don't exceed the mileage cap.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
just looking at the title for this thread - why do people ask after purchase, you should be asking before. It's too late, stop worrying about it.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,005 Posts
and it joins MANY other threads with a similar question.........

·
Registered
2006 Kia Optima, 2006 Kia Sportage, 2008 Kia Cerato, 2013 Kia Sportage
29 Posts
Decent deal from when I'm standing, the sportage goes for much more where I live. My EX came out for ~29K, almost bought a ford Edge SE but that one was way more expensive ~34K.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Sportage EX AWD Premium Pkg, 2001 Ford F150
9 Posts
So here I am in December 2012 in Florida.

I'm at a dealer looking at a 2012 Sportage EX AWD w/Premium Package.
(A demo with 5000mi). So what are we 5 months into the new 2013 model year.

MSRP: 29595

So Dealer does this Market adjustment up to $32595.

So I'm laughing inside, it's a nice car, I don't want it that bad.
I pretty much know I'm walking already.

Then he shows me the invoice price and gives me $750 (for the 5000mi) off invoice and states: "that's a $4000 discount."

What I'm sure this dealer already got a depreciation check from Kia
or maybe they have to wait until January.

Now he adds $902 Dealer Doc fee, now I'm laughing out the door.

My wife takes the deal sheet with her.

So now I pretty much know most dealers will go to Invoice on a deal in Florida.

Then they want this Dealer fee.

So I am shopping Dealer Fees now.

I can (almost) understand the doc fees $199 (DMV price Tag and Title $124 +$40)
I can justify another $36 for the convenience.

But $699 dealer fee.

Like I read somewhere else, Bestbuy doesn't add fee for their cash register tape,
or how about a bag fee.

Anyone know a dealer in FL willing to go to invoice without the Dealer Fees.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts