Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i recently traded in my 2004 kia rio for a 2006 kia rio LX. No ABS, no power package. does have power steering, AC, and is a manual transmission.

So far ive had no problems at all. i like it alot better than the 04 model. I think they did a great job altogether and its not a bad car for $12,995. Gets 32 city MPG and 35 highway which is great.

They have a new seatbelt safety feature that if you dont wear your seatbelt this chime goes off id hafta say about every 20 seconds. haha drives my husband nuts! But thats pretty bad when the car has to remind you to wear your seatbelt.

Comes standard 6 airbags. If there is a person under 70 lbs sitting in the passenger seat, the passenger airbag actually turns off. a light comes up by the radio indicating that it has been shut. this feature is in case you have a child in the front seat or a dog in my case. the airbag wont go off to cause more damage to them in case of an accident.

Trunks alot more roomier. im not sure about other rios but my back seats never went down. these ones finally did. (my 88 honda accord even had that. its about time they did that)

New shocks. When i go over a bump or pothole the car actually almost evens itself out so im not jumping all over the place. And handles alot better on the highway. Not as shaky as the 04 models.

i have more pictures at http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/devilslayer05

sometimes that site doesnt work if u click it so you'll hafta type it into the addess bar but that is the right addy.

Well, ive had my say. overall im satisfied with my car. i thought it was a great car for that price considering the crazy prices for cars now adays. If you're considering getting one id go for it. i havent seen the rio5's but i heard they were great too. they didnt have them on the dealership lot yet when i went but i like the sedans better anyways.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
716 Posts
Your Rio looks great in black! I own an Optima but always check on new Kia models at the dealership. The new Rio is getting strong reviews and I was rather impressed with it myself. May you have many great years driving your Rio!

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio5 Sport
22 Posts
wow! congrats for your new car! :clap:

nice color too! good to see that you enjoy your ride and his new accessories! did you drive it enough to know about fiability?

i cannot wait any longer (less than 24 hours before i get mines :haha:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My First post i have the same model and color picked it up yesterday , My first KIA and I'm very impressed so far got mine for 11,800 out the door tax title the works traded even up for my 2002 Ford escape. Any good places for parts to spruce them up a little more ? Sorry just saw how old this post is ....

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio
111 Posts
i have a white one with a few little mods, just got some rims on it and it holds to the road very nice now. welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio
132 Posts
HisSvt2 said:
My First post i have the same model and color picked it up yesterday , My first KIA and I'm very impressed so far got mine for 11,800 out the door tax title the works traded even up for my 2002 Ford escape. Any good places for parts to spruce them up a little more ? Sorry just saw how old this post is ....
Welcome to the club. I love my Rio...especially with $3+ gas prices! Sticker milage kicked in on mine around 4k FYI. Not having a lead foot around town (keeping the rpms under 2500) will yield you mpgs in the 30s...keeping it 65 or under on the highway will yield you mid-30s just to let you know.

BTW...welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX, 2008 MINI Cooper S, 2009 Vespa LX 150
148 Posts
Hey Peddy, what kind of rims did you get? 17's? I'd love to see pix since this is on my list for some time next year... (after I finish the stereo work, then intake and exhaust)

Thanks,
Hollywood

1 - 11 of 11 Posts