Kia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2012 KIA Sportage LX Awd. Nothing but problems. They are all quite. Just a thought. The false gas thing triggered KIA to pull all of the cars that are involved to save on the life of the car gas card. Okay you pull the 2011 give them a face lift now it is a 2013 pull the 2012 like mine and yep 2014 now to be here in Sept. 2013. Little late???? I just posted my 2012 on Craig's list to be sold as a private sale. 12 hours I have had three differnt new car lots calling wanting to do business. No not KIA. Its a great deal for KIA it would save them a ton of cash. I looked at a few 2013 KIA Sportages on the lot that were "as is" less than 10,000 miles??? Wait I thought we all bought into a 10year 100,000 mile oh ya BS just like the gas BS. Come on KIA do you really think that the American Consumer is that STUPID.But wait there will be a all new Sportage in 2015 or is that a 2013,14 what ever. It is they are doing a great job of lets say "giving to us" Check it out in the reviews 2014 seems to fall back to the 2012 review and same with 2013 to the 2011? Maybe I'm just crazy. I want to upgrade to a 2014! Can't find it??????? Anyone please proof me in the wrong........

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio5, manual, roll up windows. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5.9L V8
341 Posts
What's going on?

I'm lost, there was so many different thoughts that were "kinda" explained, but yeah, what?

·
Registered
2021 Seltos S AWD, 2020 Rio S
624 Posts
Pulling them from who or what?

You still are very unclear. I understand the epa mileage numbers were changed late 2012. And Kia was making som restitution to those who bought cars before that.

But new cars sold since dont come with any gas card.

What is it you think they are doing now? Forcing people to sell their cars so they dont have to pay for their gasoline?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"But new cars sold since dont come with any gas card" This is the whole point...... I know that the new ones don't get a gas card. They would be dumb to keep selling them. I started my lease in April of 2012 and get a card. My car was built in the 11 month of 2011 if I remember right.

They are not forcing anything we are all to stupid as a consumer. Look at the 2014 review from road & track that say 2012 rite in the headline. I will find it and post it.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
The way i understand it is,KIA gave the gas cards to people who were missled with the MPG figures. And since they adjusted the figures to say more reasonable numbers,there is no need to give out gas cards to new costumers,cos there "wasn't" any missleading. Shoebilt,you aren't helping to improve the image of american costumers,since they themselves can't figure out what you are going on about lol. Just kidding. :)

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,065 Posts
Lol..................

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio5, manual, roll up windows. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5.9L V8
341 Posts
Holy moly people! I can understand if English is not your native language, but if it is; put some effort in to what you're writing. If you truncate words and sentences or intentionally misspell words, chances are that NO ONE is going to understand you.

Okay, to the OP. If your car is labeled a 2012/2013/2014, then that is what year it is. There are laws against reselling an old car as new.

If you were one of the customers who was misled by the MPG statement, then approach the dealer, or write to the manufacturer with your concerns.

Good luck.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
"But new cars sold since dont come with any gas card" This is the whole point...... I know that the new ones don't get a gas card. They would be dumb to keep selling them. I started my lease in April of 2012 and get a card. My car was built in the 11 month of 2011 if I remember right.

They are not forcing anything we are all to stupid as a consumer. Look at the 2014 review from road & track that say 2012 rite in the headline. I will find it and post it.
"they would be dumb to keep selling them" - gas card, vehicle ??????

"They are not forcing anything we are all to stupid as a consumer" ???????

so what's the question (s)? :confused: Sorry but Google translator doesn't clarify this for me :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.