Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2001 kia sephia after around 20/30 KM starting jugging in another word cutting fuel and not moved. then i'll have to turn-off the engine and restart again and it will give me another 5 or 7 KM drive & start the same problem again..again i turn-off the engine & restart will give me the same distance & same shit happend.
i have changed the the plugs & cleaning the injectors, replacing new fuel filter but still not good..i experienced that when engine got heat starting this kind of problem....any ideas i'll appreciate

Regards,
Cooldin

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2005 Kia Cerato LD [2L petrol] manual, 1986 Nissan Pulsar hatch
2,861 Posts
Try replacing{ swap with similar relay} fuel pump relay it sounds like something electrical[ like relay] might heat up and cut out. Once cooled down goes ok until heated again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you Mr Pulsar86.. however, i noticed that the fuel pump relay is not there.
I checked the fuse box cover showing some fuses & relays including the fuel pump relay in brakets, example (51) others not. so i don't know what does that mean?
I was driving the car for a long time without that relay, and just now this kind f problem started.

thanks once again.

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
If it has an electric pump it should have a relay somewhere, maybe a previous owner has messed around with how the pump is wired. Probably best to get an autoelectrician to have a look and see what has been done wiring wise and get the fuel pump checked over just incase it is the problem. Keep us all updated, I used to work restoring old cars and some wiring gets altered by owners over the years, not always for the better and then causes problems later on..

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
Good at least you are running ok. But if I were you I would still get the fuel delivery system and wiring etc checked out or it might start misbehaving again after a while.

·
Registered
99 Kia Sephia manual tran no p/s or a/c, 98 Subaru LegOB
137 Posts
go to a junkyard, get a relay, and put a fuel pump relay in there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts