Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2011 2.2 manual
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I have bought a lemon (well more likely an unlooked after sedona)
I seem to be getting problem after problem but cant afford to replace so need to battle on.
It is a 2005 2.9crdi manual.

Latest problem.

I was just leaving on a 500 mile round journey when I got to about 60 mph I felt a slight stutter (it may have happened a couple of times in days previous, not sure thinking back). Then when I got to 70 the engine light came on. So I pulled over and stopped the engine. When I started it again the engine light had gone off so I began to drive home.Same happened again so I limped home and rang a friend who knows a little about cars.

He said it sounded like a fuel problem so he changed the air and fuel filters, he also changed oil and filter too but just so it was all done at the same time. I also added some Millers Diesel power eco max to clean the system out.

No real improvement and I have now noticed the judder at lower speeds (may have always been happening but now I am aware of it) but the engine check light has never come back on at any speed.

After using google I do believe it is a fuel air mixture problem so I got hold of a low milage MAF and switched that and reset the ECU. Still no improvement.

More possibilities are vacuum leak, faulty Throttle position sensor and fuel pump on the way out. I changed the injectors 20k miles ago so they should be ok.

I am now noticing thing and am not sure if they have always been like that or if it is a symptom of this. The RPM needle doesnt seem to rise and fall smoothly it seems a little jumpy too.

Any ideas which is most likely of my possibilities?
Does anyone know the lengths and diameters of the hoses so I can get some replacements before removing the old ones. I need to do straight swap one at a time or i'll never get them back in the right places.
Any other ideas or checks I can do?

Help please.

Thanks.

Ady

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2011 2.2 manual
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok for anyone else who has the same problem.

It has been fixed although even my mechanic friend isnt 100% sure what was the solution.

He decided it was either air (which he suspected) or fuel.

So he cleaned the second fuel filter which we didnt know about untill Ginder's http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-carnival-sedona/81309-kiatechinfo-me-what-am-missing.html .
He then took all the air pipes and intercooler and cleaned them out. He tightened all the pipes and it has been running perfectly since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts