Kia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got off work and was getting onto the freeway and sudden loss of power and CEL starts blinking. stopped by my local shop that's on the way home. they pulled the error code and said it was a manufacturer specific code, and most likely need an engine replacement. they had a few Kia's this past week with the same problem. So they sent me to the dealership. They won't be able to diagnose the problem till Monday. so i'll update in a few days.

87K miles, full synthetic oil change every 5K miles.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sportage LX AWD
8 Posts
Same here. Traded in a 2004 Tahoe Z71 with 242,000 miles on it this past August at our local dealership. Got a 2015 Sportage with 84,000 miles. Now have 92,000 miles on the Kia and heading up a hill last week and had loss of power and engine knock. Towed it to Kia and they diagnosed connecting rod. New engine on order while we wait for a loaner vehicle. The engine issue was un-nerving enough but then he tells me we're 7th in line for a loaner car.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my dealership doesn't even do loaner cars. we'd have to go to Enterprise rental car, and if the problem is under warranty, Kia will reimburse part of the cost.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had called them to check on Wed. the service manager said it was showing "in progress" so he thinks they're still running tests/diagnostics. He said he'll call me when they figure out what's wrong and if Kia will cover the repairs under warranty. still haven't heard from them yet.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sportage LX AWD
8 Posts
Holy crap. It's taking them this long to diagnose?? Luckily for us our dealership got back to us in 2 days with diagnosis. But....we just now today finally got a loaner car. I had to call and leave a voicemail for the GM to make things happen. Reman engine supposed to be in early next week.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just called them. He said the tech just finished diagnostics this morning. They will be replacing the engine. Might take 2-3 weeks to get the engine delivered and installed. Kia will pay $33/day for a loaner vehicle and Enterprise usually charges $38/day.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sportage LX AWD
8 Posts
Insane it took them that long to diagnose. Our engine is possibly going to be in tomorrow. We're driving the fk out of this Crosstrek they finally gave us for a loaner.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
16 Posts
Welcome to the new engine club. I waited almost 2 months for the engine to arrive and installed. Before that it was on hiatus for a year since the engine seized back in March 2019.

Reactions: skavatar

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sportage LX AWD
8 Posts
2 months, holy sh#t. We were supposed to get a call last week when reman engine came in. Didn't hear a thing, and nothing this week yet. In the meantime we're driving the crap out of this Crosstrek loaner.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The service manager called this afternoon, said car was ready to be picked up.

My wife's been driving the rental, so when she got off work, she went and picked up the Sportage. I haven't drove it yet, will drive it tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sportage LX AWD
8 Posts
Good to hear, I think LOL. We are on day 3 since getting ours back. We have a short vacation next month with a 4 hour drive so we're crossing our fingers along with being new AAA members;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts