Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm working on putting snow tires with dedicated wheels / rims on my daughter's 2011 Kia Forte. The current wheels on the car are 16x6, 5x114.3mm, offset 48mm, center bore 67.1mm

There are these wheels here, which are for a Jeep Patriot. They look like a great fit ............ except they're for a Jeep Patriot. Details of them are

16x6.5, 5x114.3mm, offset 47mm, center bore 67.1mm

Anybody see a reason why these wouldn't be fine?

There are also some Kia Soul wheels on the same site which have the same dimensions as the Jeep, but the Jeeps are listed as a little heavier and I'm wondering if they wouldn't be a little heavier since a Jeep is more likely to get more off-road abuse than a Soul. Plus the Jeep wheels are a little less money, which adds about to about $30 bucks by the time four are bought. I have no problem spending the extra money if there's a reason to.

Here are the Soul wheels.

Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,069 Posts
either or, it's your choice. Both are proper fitment(hubcaps MAY not fit the Jeep design). Don't forget Kia rated TPMS valve stems and programming costs.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thanks. Just did something similar for the wife's Sonata. Ended up having Kia wheels on hers because I got a good deal on those. Not as odd as putting a Jeep wheel on a Kia though. Picked up some "new" TPMS sensors off of ebay and they are working fine but we'll see how many years they last before the battery in them goes. In that case no programming was needed, as the car automatically "learned" the new sensors.

Probably will just go with the steel and no hubcaps, but that's a good point about them. My old Passat had hubcaps over steel and they were a bit of a pain; plus occasionally during heavy snow snow would get packed between the wheel and hubcap and get the wheel out of balance. The steel doesn't look quite as nice, but I can live with that.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,069 Posts
Didn't know if the original rims were steel also and you were going to try and use their hubcaps or not...A lot of later cars usually have alloy rims now. Have safe driving season when done! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts