Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO the Jacking set up on the Kia is absolute crap, not really fit for purpose, unless previously seen,virtually impossible to use in an emergency on a dark rainy busy dual carriageway furthermore the description in the Handbook bears no resemblance to what you find on the car, the small V cutouts are described as tabs.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
Thanks for that......

Is it just dark rainy busy dual carriageways or are other roads available?

·
Registered
273 Posts
IMO the Jacking set up on the Kia is absolute crap, not really fit for purpose, unless previously seen,virtually impossible to use in an emergency on a dark rainy busy dual carriageway furthermore the description in the Handbook bears no resemblance to what you find on the car, the small V cutouts are described as tabs.
Surprised you have never brought this up before on other threads. You are normally so positive about your Ceed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mr Disbeliever used to post on the other Kia site and guess what, he was always positive about the brand and really upbeat about the Ceed.

Sorry, only joking, think he got banned for being boring.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
Oh come on guys, its hugely entertaining reading his drivel. I positively look forward to his next grumble.

We should have a sweepstake on what the next complaint will be!

Havent had any about fuel consumption yet but i guess its early days.

And remember, no one is forcing you to read his posts!

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mr Disbeliever used to post on the other Kia site and guess what, he was always positive about the brand and really upbeat about the Ceed.

Sorry, only joking, think he got banned for being boring.
They did not like me calling a Kraut car a Kraut car the Germans have won the economic war in the UK and are laughing all the way to the Bank.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that......

Is it just dark rainy busy dual carriageways or are other roads available?
A motoring journalist says " There will be small arrow shaped indentations in the sills pointing to the jacking positions. But I agree, they are hard to find, and finding them for the first time in the dark when it is raining would be near impossible."

·
Registered
246 Posts
They did not like me calling a Kraut car a Kraut car the Germans have won the economic war in the UK and are laughing all the way to the Bank.
Kia is a Korean company and the Ceed is made in Slovakia. Kia do have a R & D dept in Germany somewhere and the head of design is German (I think) but that hardly makes the Ceed a "Kraut" car.

I remember now, he was banned for being racist.

And that was only 4 days after collecting his car. All the other moaning posts were before he even had a Ceed.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Maybe he's just a negative numpty all the time then.
Fine, just wish you'd bugger off and moan at somebody who cares/gives a monkeys!

·
Registered
Ceed SW Sport
96 Posts
Perhaps he should change his name to "Dissatisfied"

I don't know how long he has been driving but apparently he has owned 43 cars!

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
Being a sad git have just researched Disbelievers history on the other Kia Forum.

1st post 23rd May, moaned that the Honest John road test of the new Ceed should have been done in the UK and not in Switzerland.

In his first post after taking delivery on 2nd September he actually appeared happy but was concerned if the tyre pressures were correct, could he not look at the door pillar or handbook. 20 minutes later, back to normal, lots of things he was unhappy with, 3 hours 34 minutes later he was wondering if the 7 year warranty was a con trick, by the 4th he was moaning to Customer services about the obnoxious smell in his new car.

Last post, his 136th on 4th September is quite stunning, here it is "entire post is absolute nonsense, nothing popular re tyre mobility kits foisted on us by the rip-off car manufacturers, no need to change a wheel yourself you should be covered by a break down service" I have not edited it, that is the entire post. Question is why ever did he attempt a tyre change and damage his own car if he believed this?

Lets hope he goes away, alternatively we should just ignore him, his posts have absolutely no value and I do not say that lightly about any one on a forum. Everyone has the right to post but there has to be a limit.

Bit more research, here is a reference to Disbeliever on 4th September "Ho ho. It seems another of Disbelievers racist whiny posts has been relegated to the sin bin. (Rightly so too IMO).". Looks like Seven7 was correct.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
Oh come on now SWCeed, its the internet and theres always someone on any forum like this. Just take it for what it is, amusing and enjoyable. I just take the posts tongue in cheek and take the oportunity to deride and dismiss the posts as i fit! Its just for fun of course!

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
Oh come on now SWCeed, its the internet and theres always someone on any forum like this. Just take it for what it is, amusing and enjoyable. I just take the posts tongue in cheek and take the oportunity to deride and dismiss the posts as i fit! Its just for fun of course!
Don't disagree but if Disbeliever put racist comments on the other site and the moderators felt it necessary to remove the posts and ban him it clearly was beyond acceptable. Has he already started on here, is it acceptable to call Germans "Krauts", not sure, possibly not, would not say it to a German client, but surely the moderators need to take a view.

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Kia is a Korean company and the Ceed is made in Slovakia. Kia do have a R & D dept in Germany somewhere and the head of design is German (I think) but that hardly makes the Ceed a "Kraut" car.

I remember now, he was banned for being racist.

And that was only 4 days after collecting his car. All the other moaning posts were before he even had a Ceed.
Yes, head of design is German.......pinched him from Audi or offered him a lucrative deal to move maybe :p

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I see no one is prepared to remark on the not fit for purpose of the Jacking system on the new CEED so this is a warning for others who might find themselves in the same dangerous situation. Make sure you familarise your self as to how the jack on the New Ceed operates maybe it is the same on earlier or other models ? Finally my Czeck passenger who changed the wheel was most suprised that in the UK it is not mandatory to have a high viz jacket & red triangle.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I see no one is prepared to remark on the not fit for purpose of the Jacking system on the new CEED so this is a warning for others who might find themselves in the same dangerous situation. Make sure you familarise your self as to how the jack on the New Ceed operates maybe it is the same on earlier or other models ? Finally my Czeck passenger who changed the wheel was most suprised that in the UK it is not mandatory to have a high viz jacket & red triangle.
That's a relief, since I never carry a Czech (note my correct spelling) passenger it will never happen to me.

Joking aside did your Czech passenger read the handbook before changing the wheel?

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a relief, since I never carry a Czech (note my correct spelling) passenger it will never happen to me.

Joking aside did your Czech passenger read the handbook before changing the wheel?
You must be joking have you read the Handbook ? it bears no resemblance to what is found on the car. No he did not read the Handbook. Whilst I have not changed a wheel myself for many years, I do remember that it was not necessary because cars used to have highly visible jacking points, unfortunately this has changed and should be corrected.

·
Registered
273 Posts
No he did not read the Handbook.
The truth is out, even I, a mechanical god, could do untold damage if I did not read the manual.

Just accept that a mistake was made, a mistake you will not make again now that you have located the jacking points.

And if you decide to take Kia to court please post the date on here, I would love to be present.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The problem is that under the Sale of Goods Act I can not take Kia to Court it would have to be the Dealer with whom I have the contract and I do not want to fall out with the Dealer. Why can you not accept that the Handbook description is inaccurate, you should read it for yourself or I can post it. Next you say you are a mechanical God so perhaps you can tell me at 1000 miles why the rear nearside brake disc has become badly scored. Just heard that there is a rear calliper problem on several models of Kia the Venga etc and that replacement parts are very slow to arrive. All other discs are perfectly smooth. Will be interesting to find out how the Dealer reacts.

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
Finally my Czeck passenger who changed the wheel was most suprised that in the UK it is not mandatory to have a high viz jacket & red triangle.
And long may it continue.

Just because Kia didn't put them in the boot doesn't mean you can't buy some.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts