Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rio SX Navi 2013
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just order my Kia Rio SX Navigation 2013. I choose red with beige interior. Nothing in stock so 2-3 month for delivery. I'll keep you inform.

For other canadian, do you have "Kia Protect" warranty? Do you think the base warranty is OK?

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
Congrats. You're gonna love it!

I did not get Kia Protect. I chose to get extended warranty with the dealer. Gave me an extra 3 years and 100K km. So, I am now covered bumper to bumper for 8 years or 200K km. That worked out for me since I do a lot more mileage so the 8 years is not really a concern. The price was substantially less than Kia Protect.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
sedan vs 5

Flem-Did you get a sedan or hatchback? I have a signal Red with Beige leather 2013 Sedan & I love it.:D

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
wait

I ordered mine the 1st week of January & it arrived the 23rd of April but it was delayed a month due to a parts shortage.It's worth the wait!

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

I just ordered mine this morning - Black/Black SX hatch w/Navi - be here in a few days apparently. No waiting... lucky timing I guess?

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Flem félicitations. Super bel achat. Rouge et beige. You'll love the car. The "+" really outweigh the "-". And you'll have the top model. Best choice. I would have gone this way but I was told the SX had a rougher ride. You'll tell me. For now, My EX UVO fills the bill in that department. The Rio red is Wow. Now be patient. I have not been...
Salut et à +

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Congrats. Nice color combination. Just got a call from my dealer my '13 EX w/ convenience should be in for the July 4th weekend. The waiting just gets worse. :)

·
Registered
Kia Rio SX Navi 2013
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hmm, I was told the excatly same thing. I ordered a Caramel yellow with beige interior back in april, and last month the dealer rang me up and told me it wasnt possible. I could only choose between; black, brown and grey. Needless to say I was rather disappointed, but agreed to go for the regular black interior. Did they ran out of white cows or what?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,526 Posts
My dealer inform me some time ago that there is no more beige interior with the red color. The kia.ca site is now update for 2013 model and it's only black interior for the red.

I'm still waiting for my car and the dealer do not have any date.
there was a revision of the complete KIA lineup from dealer feedback and sales trends, they reduced overall trim and colour configuration complexity. This all went into effect with the July production.

·
Registered
Kia Rio SX Navi 2013
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I receive a call from the dealer today... bad news, my order was "refuse" by Kia. So there is no red 4-doors SX-Navi available... They offer me a deep blue, I will go tomorrow to see that.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio SX
22 Posts
I receive a call from the dealer today... bad news, my order was "refuse" by Kia. So there is no red 4-doors SX-Navi available... They offer me a deep blue, I will go tomorrow to see that.
I was in the same boat. I wanted Red but my dealer told me it might take 3 or 4 months to get it. So, I choose white, got it in 3 weeks from a dealer trade and couldn't be happier. Have received many compliments more so with the addition of tinted windows.

·
Registered
Kia Rio SX Navi 2013
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to the dealership yesterday.

He had ordered a red with beige interior. As I already said, some days later, the system rejected the beige interior (new color chart 2013) and it was black.

Upon receipt of his orders, he called me because my vehicle was not there, Kia had refused this production, the dealer has, in turn, lost its allocation. Production of the SX model with navigation is limited. The only SX with navigation available were deep blue & chestnut brown in the 4-door and white in 5 door. The next orders are for the 2014 model only (no date).

From the beginning I was not sure of the color and it is my daughter who made me choose red. I looked at the deep blue model (with beige interior) and I liked it. I will take possession of my Navi Rio SX 2013 next Tuesday.

For your information the production date was June 2012 and I have the "paddle shifter".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to the dealership yesterday.

He had ordered a red with beige interior. As I already said, some days later, the system rejected the beige interior (new color chart 2013) and it was black.

Upon receipt of his orders, he called me because my vehicle was not there, Kia had refused this production, the dealer has, in turn, lost its allocation. Production of the SX model with navigation is limited. The only SX with navigation available were deep blue & chestnut brown in the 4-door and white in 5 door. The next orders are for the 2014 model only (no date).

From the beginning I was not sure of the color and it is my daughter who made me choose red. I looked at the deep blue model (with beige interior) and I liked it. I will take possession of my Navi Rio SX 2013 next Tuesday.

For your information the production date was June 2012 and I have the "paddle shifter".
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I've ordered a Red 2013 KIA Rio5 SX with a beige interior in June, but I have not heard from the dealership since. Before I contact them, I would like to ask you: When you say that you will take possession of a "deep blue model (with beige interior)" does it mean that there are some 2013 Kias with beige interiors available, but not with a red exterior? If you could please clarify it would be very much appreciated. (BTW, congrats for the new car!)

·
Registered
Rio5 SX, White/Beige leather, UVO
17 Posts
Flem, I'm currently waiting for a 2013 SX hatch. Can you confirm to me whether or not the sedan (and possibly the hatch as well) with paddle shifters still have the heated steering? Given our Quebec winters, I would get much more use from that instead of the paddles. It would be a shame to have to lose that. 2013 SX config page at Kia.ca still lists the heating steering, but i've been hearing conflicting reports.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
412 Posts
Flem, I'm currently waiting for a 2013 SX hatch. Can you confirm to me whether or not the sedan (and possibly the hatch as well) with paddle shifters still have the heated steering? Given our Quebec winters, I would get much more use from that instead of the paddles. It would be a shame to have to lose that. 2013 SX config page at Kia.ca still lists the heating steering, but i've been hearing conflicting reports.
I'm not for sure, but have heard that paddles replace heated wheel....

·
Registered
Kia Rio SX Navi 2013
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I've ordered a Red 2013 KIA Rio5 SX with a beige interior in June, but I have not heard from the dealership since. Before I contact them, I would like to ask you: When you say that you will take possession of a "deep blue model (with beige interior)" does it mean that there are some 2013 Kias with beige interiors available, but not with a red exterior? If you could please clarify it would be very much appreciated. (BTW, congrats for the new car!)
Hello, there is still beige interior but not for the red color. Kia.ca is now update for the colors.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts