Kia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoyed the SX for a bit (minus the engine and turbo replacement) but missed having a truck a bit too much so she was traded in today.
I think the car is underrated and hope Kia continues to make the advances it has been and the aftermarket tuners catch up with this one.
Good luck to all, and if anyone is near the Charlotte NC area and wants a smoking deal on a pair of factory roof racks let me know.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio5, manual, roll up windows. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5.9L V8
341 Posts
What truck you get?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ram 1500 crew cab w/ the 5.7 hemi.
NICE! hey I am a member over @ ramforumz.com; same name...

I've got a 1996 Ram 1500 regular cab w/ 5.9 & 4x4

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NICE! hey I am a member over @ ramforumz.com; same name...

I've got a 1996 Ram 1500 regular cab w/ 5.9 & 4x4
Cool! Is that the best forum for info on these trucks?
From your screen name do you ride a DR? I used to have a 650, my toy now is a Honda Transalp. Are you on advrider?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah, I had a 1997 DR350SE, with inverted forks, 410 big bore, pumper carb, custom Pro Circuit full exhaust etc... Sold it a while ago.

I was on advrider, same name, not often anymore. Those transalps are way cool!

ramforumz has a TON of info (especially for newer rams), but it is REALLY annoying because it is loaded with ads.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I hate driving trucks. I don't physically fit their bench seats (or flat bucket seats) well, but they're generally slow, inefficient, heavy, loud, uncomfortable, with terrible handling, and not to mention style. Some trucks compensate one way or another, with tow-nothing eco-engines or extra barrels of displacement, but I never see balance or a driver's truck. When it comes to work, like moving things, they're necessary, so I like having a cheap beat-up functioning-workhorse truck. I'd import a Holden ute before buying a new truck.

Where I am, everyone drives a truck, which I've never understood. I drove a terrible F150-HD for a year, and the Escalade EXT looks passable, but I already drive a hateful Escalade. When I have to tow a boat or haul materials, I'd miss a truck too.

I'm trolling, but every other vehicle I see is a truck with an empty pristine truckbed, and I don't get it. What did you miss most?

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that's why manufacturers make so many different vehicles, we don't all want the same things. In my case I get enough leg and head room without feeling cramped, the ability to pick up loads of wood for my hobby, the ability to haul motorcycles and atvs without hooking up a trailer, pulling a camper without worrying about tow capacity, having a place to put wet muddy gear after a long tent camping trip are just a few things I like trucks for. And the seats are just as comfortable as any car nowadays if you spring for the right option packages.
As far as the daily drive I've had everything from hybrids to sports cars to suvs to sedans and trucks (this is my 31st vehicle in my years of driving) and obviously this is what feels best to me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think that's why manufacturers make so many different vehicles, we don't all want the same things. In my case I get enough leg and head room without feeling cramped, the ability to pick up loads of wood for my hobby, the ability to haul motorcycles and atvs without hooking up a trailer, pulling a camper without worrying about tow capacity, having a place to put wet muddy gear after a long tent camping trip are just a few things I like trucks for. And the seats are just as comfortable as any car nowadays if you spring for the right option packages.
As far as the daily drive I've had everything from hybrids to sports cars to suvs to sedans and trucks (this is my 31st vehicle in my years of driving) and obviously this is what feels best to me.
Amen to that, I carry ~800lbs of tools in the back of my truck daily, tow 6000lb tractors, and on occasion I'll even haul groceries:eek:...

I actually prefer to go on long trips in my truck, yeah it uses a butt-load of fuel, but it's far more comfortable, goes 400 miles between fill ups, and I can sleep in the bed (camper shell).

Also, I can go up the side of a dang mountain with my 4x4 :cool:

·
Registered
554 Posts
That makes total sense. Hauling, towing, washable cargobed, extra headroom. Other car types don't fit those as well.

I know other truck drivers who never do those things, preferring the image. RWD and an empty cargobed make them hilarious in the winter.

I always find the driving position different in trucks. Instead of laying back in a car seat, it's like sitting on a chair; in trucks, my knees are on the sides of the steering wheel, so I can turn or brake but not both. I'm not even that much taller than average.

Stick around MilkShake, I don't have a Sportage either ;-)

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice truck but sucks a lot more fuel compared to the Sportage turbo! Lol enjoy it at every pump! Lol
Thanks. Yep, not as painful as when I went from a Prius to the Sportage but definitely a change. Right now about 7 mpg worse, hopefully after the engine breaks in I get that down to about 5 mpg worse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts