Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX Premium
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned a good bit from you all, lurked mostly. As of today I no longer own an Optima. The past couple months it developed some electrical issues, airbag lights flashing for no reason, traction control light staying on, radio backlight going on and off, pushbutton start not working(got stuck 3 hours from home with my 6 year old son) and the A/C took a dump yesterday. It's been in and out of the garage(selling dealer, which has a suck service dept) 4 times this month alone. The next closest Kia dealer that is worth their salt is about 90 miles away, too far to run to every time something goes wrong.

So today, I traded her in on a bright red`12 Jetta SE. Got a KILLER trade in price on the Optima, so I couldn't pass up the deal. Sure going to miss the cooled seats, heated steering wheel, cool sunglasses holder and the general beauty of my Optima but what I'm not going to miss are the smart-allek(being nice) SA's and the lazy techs.

Hope the gremlins don't visit you all and you continue to have good luck with your Optima.

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX Premium
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading your post makes me think it wasn't that great of a run. Good luck with the new ride! How does it drive?
I was referring to this forum, lots of knowledgeable folk here.
However, the first 30,000 miles were a pretty good run on the Optima. The last 8K, not so much :lol:

The Jetta drives great. Not big on the initial take off, feels like a pig until it hits maybe 1500 RPM then it pulls like a champ. After it gets broken in a bit I'll submit it to some slightly spirited driving on these curvy WV roads. She only has 130 miles on her right now, don't want to hone the guts out of it just yet.

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX, Tech & Premium Touring
570 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles, i can't blame you for moving on. We have a Jetta Sportwagen TDI and LOVE IT!

·
Registered
12 Optima SX, 12 Sonata Hybrid, 08 IS-F, 88 Scorpio, 85 XR4Ti
10 Posts
Ouch!, sorry things went so bad with the Optima. Best of luck with the new ride, the new Jetta's are very nice.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima SX Turbo
91 Posts
Ouch!, sorry things went so bad with the Optima. Best of luck with the new ride, the new Jetta's are very nice.
Hi, Can u look at your tires and see if they are 91v or 95v. I have 2 on right side that are 95 and the ones drivers side are 91. I just ordered new tires for mine. I am in Bensalem PA. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts