Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving I notice that when I depress the break pedal hard it will cause the esc light to light on the dash board. In addition to this the blower just stopped working today, no heat or ac the fan just isn't working. I feel like the optima I bought is going to end up being a lemon with electrical. Last week I smelled a burning plastic or if you are a computer scientist the smell you get when you fry an IC, I couldn't tell if it was my car in the lot but after these issues it had to be.

Are these cars known for bad electrical?

Is my warranty going to cover these issues? the car is obviously less than five years old and has 47k miles on it.

I am seriously regretting the purchase of this car and may just trade it in and take the $2,000 hit for a reliable car.

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,108 Posts
Driving I notice that when I depress the break pedal hard it will cause the esc light to light on the dash board. In addition to this the blower just stopped working today, no heat or ac the fan just isn't working. I feel like the optima I bought is going to end up being a lemon with electrical. Last week I smelled a burning plastic or if you are a computer scientist the smell you get when you fry an IC, I couldn't tell if it was my car in the lot but after these issues it had to be.

Are these cars known for bad electrical?

Is my warranty going to cover these issues? the car is obviously less than five years old and has 47k miles on it.

I am seriously regretting the purchase of this car and may just trade it in and take the $2,000 hit for a reliable car.
Pushing the brake pedal causing the ESC light? It could be a blown brake light bulb or (more likely) the brake light switch has gone bad. If you're still under the 5yr/60k mile warranty, it would be covered. Same goes for the blower motor issue. Best to have it looked at to determine what is wrong before flying off the handle and trading it in for a loss.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
You've driven the car for 47k miles, have 2 likely minor issues that warranty should cover, and now you think the car is a lemon? Make an appointment with your dealer to get it repaired. Probably going to be a brake switch and either a blower motor or resistor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to be all doom and gloom but it's my first week with a new job and school so this car has to perform. Thank you for the quick replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts