Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento EX
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded my iPhone 4s to iOS 6 yesterday, and ever since I've had a lot of trouble with Bluetooth streaming. Sometimes when I start playing, it will play out of my phone's speaker rather than through the car's sound system, although the car will still be able to control the music, etc. If you look at the phone, there is no "air play" icon displayed where it usually is on the Music app. It seems like I have to turn the phone off and on to solve the problem.

I assume this is a problem with iOS 6, since it worked flawlessly before the update. There's probably nothing that can be done until Apple releases a fix, but I thought I would mention it in case anyone else is experiencing the issue. You might want to wait on updating to iOS 6 if you use Bluetooth streaming a lot.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento LX V6
52 Posts
Kind of off topic, but how are you liking iOS 6? My wife upgraded to it this morning and her phone went to crap. Keeps dropping calls and freezing. Now we get to spend some time on the phone with Apple I guess.

·
Registered
2013 Silver Sorento EX V6AWD, 2007 Toyota Highlander V6LtdAWD, 2004 Toyota 4-Runner V6Ltd2x4
80 Posts
Hi Sorento guy,

I tried upgrading to iOS 6 on Thursday night and by iPhone 4 completely froze, couldn't even shut it off. Verizon couldnt help me so I had to walk in to an Apple store on Friday morning. At first they refused me Service because the said all their people were working wiht he iPhone 5 customers. I took a look at the 65 people in line, and raised my voice and said "you have to service all your products before people buy more stuff!".. they walked out with two Genius's and fixed it in 45 minutes...

The Head Apple "Genius" told me not to do anything for the next two weeks that involves the Apple network or their Cloud because the sheer volume of iPhone 5 activations is creating havoc on their network...

Staying on 5.1.1 for a while...when you get a chance when the smoke clears walk inot a store and see one of their service guys...they may have heard of the issue..or they may suggest something else...

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
I had the same issue with my android last week. It would not connect to streaming audio, even after I shut the phone down and restarted it. Then, it just started working again, so it isn't just yours. Maybe UVO needs an update? I am hesitant on upgrading my wife's iphone though since you had this issue, she has a 3G. I'm going to get her a new phone for her birthday soon, iphone 5 or samsung galaxy S3 and I'd like it to work well with UVO.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento EX
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kind of off topic, but how are you liking iOS 6? My wife upgraded to it this morning and her phone went to crap. Keeps dropping calls and freezing. Now we get to spend some time on the phone with Apple I guess.
I haven't really used it enough to say. No major reliability issues or anything, but I have had some problems with the music app aside from the streaming issue, like not being very responsive. I think it's related to using iTunes Match.

The maps app is of course a downgrade in terms of the map content (Google had a big head start in this sense, so hopefully it will be remedied as time passes), but the app itself seems pretty nice. Turn-by-turn directions work through the car's speakers, although it seems to me that they don't give you enough warning when you're supposed to make a turn.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
Just out of curiosity did you try deleting the phone from the UVO and pair it again...I would delete the information from the phone as well reboot the phone and then pair it. Do you mind if I share this with the folks on Sorento Nation (www.sorentonation.com)? It maybe useful to them over their as well

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6 AWD w/Sunroof, RIDES a 2012 Suzuki GSXR 600
189 Posts
Havent had a problem with my iPhone 3Gs and iOS 6. Works fine.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento EX
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$5 says "Buy an iPhone 5 instead!" is their answer.
Well, that wouldn't really help since the iPhone 5 uses the same version of the OS.

To update about this issue, I think it is more limited than I thought at first. It happened several times just after I upgraded, but I noticed that it would only occur when I was leaving my parents' house. I think it's because they have an Apple TV and the phone must have been automatically connecting to it while I was there. There must be a bug somewhere related to that, but it probably won't affect most people.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento EX FWD
9 Posts
I started having the same issue last week. And what you say about Apple TV makes sense... Because I just hooked an Apple TV last week.

So now I have to figure out a work around.. So I can start Bluetooth streaming again.

I will try shutting off wifi before I leave the house.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX FWD 4cyl, Titanium/Black
65 Posts
I upgraded my iPhone 4s to iOS 6 yesterday, and ever since I've had a lot of trouble with Bluetooth streaming. Sometimes when I start playing, it will play out of my phone's speaker rather than through the car's sound system, although the car will still be able to control the music, etc. If you look at the phone, there is no "air play" icon displayed where it usually is on the Music app. It seems like I have to turn the phone off and on to solve the problem.

I assume this is a problem with iOS 6, since it worked flawlessly before the update. There's probably nothing that can be done until Apple releases a fix, but I thought I would mention it in case anyone else is experiencing the issue. You might want to wait on updating to iOS 6 if you use Bluetooth streaming a lot.

Have you applied the latest UVO update? I also have an iPhone 4 with iOS6, and once the phone is connected I have no issues. I updated to the new UVO version before updated my iPhone. I've found that my iPhone doesn't always auto connect like it used to, but that is resolved on the UVO phone setup.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento EX FWD
9 Posts
I started having the same issue last week. And what you say about Apple TV makes sense... Because I just hooked an Apple TV last week.

So now I have to figure out a work around.. So I can start Bluetooth streaming again.

I will try shutting off wifi before I leave the house.
Sure enough I reset my iphone 4 network settings and made sure it was not connection to my apple tv. I then deleted my bluetooth connection to my iphone 4 in the Sorento. I Re-connected via bluetooth to the Sorento Uvo, and it bluetooth audio streaming was working again.

I was streaming using bluetooth to a pair of headphones all during this fiasco, so I am not sure where the error lies (iPhone 4 vs UVO). But it will stink if I have to reset everything after I use my iphone 4 with the apple tv and then want to use it with UVO. ::(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts