Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am in the UK and have had a new Rio 1.1CRDi for about a month and the ISG has never worked. I have been through the list of items in the handbook which are listed as to why it may not work but do not think it is any of them. We have had cold weather over here lately and only in the last week or so has the temp got above 4 degrees so that may have been preventing it coming on but as I say now we are at 5-6 deg but still nothing. When I come to rest at traffic lights or some such stop I have noticed the override light comes on as if to say it cannot switch on. Any ideas or should I return to the dealership? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
KIA RIO 1.1 Diesel, Vw Eos
7 Posts
Hello I'm an owner of a Kia rio 1.1 diesel. The car is two months old and a month ago (after the first month) the isg stopped functioning. T I went to the local dealership and I had the battery recharged but it still didn't work (actually it was funtioning properly for a couple of days).I went back again and they changed a valve inside the gearbox (I think) but it still doesn't work! Please take into account thet im aware of all the isg correct functioning conditions ( temperature wheell angle seat belt brake preassure airco etc) and ll of them are met.Are there any thoughts of what to search.....thank you

·
Registered
13 Rio 5 EX Auto & 05 Crysler T&C & 52 Ford 8N
42 Posts
Had to Google <<Rio 1.1CRDi>> - its not available in USA.
OMG! 78mpg plus a 7yr 100,000 mile warranty.

And you're worried that the ISG isn't working?

For me, the jury is still out as to whether the ISG fuel savings will outweigh its extra wear & tear.

·
Registered
KIA RIO 1.1 Diesel, Vw Eos
7 Posts
Hi again. as i wrote in my first post i'm having problems with my ISG system. The problems didn't stop there! After a month the local dealership realized that the ISG didn't function properly due to some other reason and at the same time i experienced consumption at about 10 lt/100 km! so these guys derided to change the DPF filter but the problem remained! a month after they changed the ECU of the car! for 3 months everything was ok but in the last 2 weeks i'm experiencing the regenerations that lasts for 3 days (200 km) with consumption 9-10lt/100 km. these regenerations stop for 50-100 km approximately and again they repeat themselves! i went to the local KIA repair store and they told me that the logs of the regens look ok! they updated the ECU and they gave me the car! ANY CLUES? Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts