Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX Sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can this feature be added to my 2013 Rio Ex at the dealer and is it worth it? It was not offered to me at the time I purchsed the vehicle and I noticed now that it is a $400.00 add on called ECO.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX Sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got my answer it has to come from the manufacture and cannot be installed by the dealer. From what I have read though it seems to be more trouble than what its worth.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
You are correct. You would need to be doing a lot of idling in heavy traffic to make it worthwhile (and remember, $400 will buy you a lot of idling time!). You could always turn it off/on yourself, but think of the hassles if it won't start.
Most of the time when you would save a little by not idling, I would be reluctant to turn off the engine anyway (heavy traffic, stopped at roadworks in an isolated area, need the A/C etc.)

ISG includes a lot of monitoring gear to try and ensure that it will restart. The extra electronics to control ISG are likely to cause trouble in my opinion.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Yeah, we all know. But having ISG will be like having a 'cuda.

Chicks are gonna dig it and you're gonna get so much nice-nice you'll have to beat them all away. :)

Now say this over and over just under your breath all day every day.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Yeah, we all know. But having ISG will be like having a 'cuda.

Chicks are gonna dig it and you're gonna get so much nice-nice you'll have to beat them all away. :)

Now say this over and over just under your breath all day every day.
Nope, chicks just don't get cars. Years ago, I was the "designated driver" when a group of us (including chicks) went out for lunch. Instead of my usual Alfa Romeo, I borrowed a Nissan because it was roomier. Chick says: "Gee, I've never been in an Alfa before, it's great". Sigh, all that money wasted. BTW, she did end up getting a ride in the real Alfa; nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts