Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ 2.0L - UVO - Auto - Alien w/ custom black leather
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying either a 2013 Rio or a 2013 Soul.

I met with two different salesmen (at two different dealerships.)

One tells me that the 2013 Rio SX doesn't come out for 30 days. I wanted leather seats, and he said 'those were rare on these two vehicles.'

The other one told me two things that I also can't verify:

1) The Rio SX is either available or going to be available with a 2.0L.
2) The Rio (might have said this about the Soul as well) has an 'auto battery shut-off' feature - where the battery automatically shuts off accidentally left-on lights, so your battery doesn't die.

Can anyone verify any of these?

tia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
salesman told me:

1) Rio has auto battery shut-off feature (so you can't run down your battery if you leave your lights on)
2) Rio SX either features or will feature a 2.0L
3) the Rio SX isn't going to be available for 30 days

any help/info appreciated.

tia

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
The Rio SX has a feature that automatically shuts the lights off when you 1) Remove the ignition key. 2) Open the driver's door. It works the other way too, just as long as both those conditions are met, the lights will automatically go off. It's a really nice feature, as I always drive with my lights on.
-
As for the other two...NO and NO.
The Rio is equipped with a 1.6L Direct-injected Four-cylinder engine, rated at 138 Horsepower. There are currently NO PLANS for the Rio to offer any other engine at this time.
The Rio SX is available right now, unfortunately they are extremely hard to find. Dealers are having a really hard time getting the SX trim on their lots. Many dealers can't get one if they try.

Hope this info helps!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Battery shut off is correct. The 2.0 has NEVER been in the new Rio. Is it going to be in there? Not any time soon, that I've heard of. The 2013 Rio SX is available with leather, not std, but an option. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply.

As for the battery shut-off feature, he said it was like this:

I am in my car, and I leave my dome light on - after a while the Rio's battery automatically shuts the light off, so the battery isn't drained.

Is this true?

My current car auto shuts the lights off as soon as i open the door, so I'm sure that's true.

I sometimes don't realize I left my dome/map light on - or once my door wasn't completely shut - dead battery the next morning.

He says that won't happen with the Rio. True?

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Yes, after 30 minutes the dame/map lights will go out. I would imagine this to be true in the Rio, as this is true for all of my Kia vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts