Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
'22 Sorento SX-P, X-Line 2.5t, Wolf Gray
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The ONLY problem I am having with my infotainment system is that whenever I have my phone directly connected to CarPlay (still waiting on my Carlinkit 4.0), my music, coming from the car's speakers, does not return at the end of a phone call. The only way I can get it back is to disconnect my phone and then reconnect it.

My phone is an iPhone 12 Pro.

Any ideas? TIA

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely cannot be blamed on the Sorento. My exact problem followed me over to my daughter's Cadillac XT-5 when I drove it today. The only difference in her setup is that she has wireless CarPlay.

I'd be curious to hear from those that have android phones - if they notice the same problem? To be brief: you are driving anywhere, listening to music from your andriod phone, using your AA. You recieve a phone call. You end the call. What happens to the music?

· Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
447 Posts
The ONLY problem I am having with my infotainment system is that whenever I have my phone directly connected to CarPlay (still waiting on my Carlinkit 4.0), my music, coming from the car's speakers, does not return at the end of a phone call. The only way I can get it back is to disconnect my phone and then reconnect it.

My phone is an iPhone 12 Pro.

Any ideas? TIA
Just a side note - When you get your CarLinkit 4.0 make sure to delete your Bluetooth connection to the Sorento. Also do the update on the firmware on the CarLinkit. ...and some tweaks in case it has delays with Waze or Google Maps. What can I do if the Google Maps or Waze has delayed problem?

Reactions: SpectreGadget

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a side note - When you get your CarLinkit 4.0 make sure to delete your Bluetooth connection to the Sorento. Also do the update on the firmware on the CarLinkit. ...and some tweaks in case it has delays with Waze or Google Maps. What can I do if the Google Maps or Waze has delayed problem?
Thanks - but, since my phone is not an android, I decided to stay with the 3.0 and try to sell the 4.0. (My original problem turned out to be an intermittent cable - not the Carlinkit.)

· Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
447 Posts
Thanks - but, since my phone is not an android, I decided to stay with the 3.0 and try to sell the 4.0. (My original problem turned out to be an intermittent cable - not the Carlinkit.)
I have the CarLinkit 4.0 and I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max - and it's flawless.

· Registered
2022 Sorento SX
32 Posts
I have an Android and don't have this issue....I do use a wireless android auto adapter though....since I updated the Kia with the latest update all my bugs have been fixed...I had a big where the map from phone would take a couple minutes to update at start up but fixed now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts