Kia Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,917 Posts
I'm parked in parking spot with ignition on (for air conditioning, radio, usb power, etc.) doing whatever, use your imagination..
I'm not on the road, and I'm not even driving. Why should I draw any unneeded attention with drl lights on?
Would you?
Why get snarky?

Drawing unneeded unwanted attention, ......... doubt there's anyone else here with those concerns.

·
Registered
2018 Sportage GT
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Which models do you believe have a manual switch for the DRL's?

Is your model a private import to China, or is it a local Chinese market model?

Most commenting here might be assuming that it has the same spec and features as those in the North American market.
Again ..Read from the top to find out how to turn off DRL from other users. Jeez..
Doesn't matter where the car was made, its not a luxury option lol

·
Registered
2018 Sportage GT
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If you mean sneaky, I don't agree with you, it's more like privacy? Or maybe I'm a cop doing undercover or stake outs. Then I need to be sneaky. lol

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,917 Posts
Again ..Read from the top to find out how to turn off DRL from other users. Jeez..
Snarky

LOL, yes it does matter for which market the car was built.

As you would have noticed, yours is not the same as the North American members that have commented here - a common mistake made here is assuming the features are the same for all markets.

·
Super Moderator
9,917 Posts

Most commenting here might be assuming that it has the same spec and features as those in the North American market.
That doesn't answer my questions.

·
Super Moderator
9,917 Posts
This is from the US market owners manual, and you say yours does not have this functionality, which confirms what I said, the features and functions are different for certain markets.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
328 Posts
I run my car at the drive-in movie and can turn the DRLs off by first turning the light switch off of "auto", then setting the parking brake.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Sportage LX
30 Posts
You might be better off seeking advice over at the European Kia forum. This is where I started reading about Kia's but found out that they had a lot of differences compared to the ones sold in the United States.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Rio Ex BlackPackage
2 Posts
Let me ask the question the other way: I have a 2018 KIA RIO EX Black Package (Algeria), even when engine is ON and the stalk is in the OFF or AUTO position DRLs are OFF, I want to turn them ON, is there a way to do that?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Rio Ex BlackPackage
2 Posts
  • Let me ask the question the other way: I have a 2018 KIA RIO EX Black Package (Algeria), even when engine is ON and the stalk is in the OFF or AUTO position DRLs are OFF, I want to turn them ON, is there a way to do that?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts