Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'13 Soul 2.0+ Manual
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Kia in an extreme hurry (ti's a long story) without bothering to check to see which engine it came with, the 2.0 or the 1.6. It runs like a Ferrari (i exaggerate, of course) so I went back and looked at the window sticker and it said it had a 2.0 engine. Just the other day I popped the hood and the plastic cover for the air filter (or some other part) had 1.6 molded into it. Can anybody tell me which I should believe: the window sticker or the cover on the engine?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Give me the lat 8 of your vin#. I'll look it up for you.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
I bought my Kia in an extreme hurry (ti's a long story) without bothering to check to see which engine it came with, the 2.0 or the 1.6. It runs like a Ferrari (i exaggerate, of course) so I went back and looked at the window sticker and it said it had a 2.0 engine. Just the other day I popped the hood and the plastic cover for the air filter (or some other part) had 1.6 molded into it. Can anybody tell me which I should believe: the window sticker or the cover on the engine?

Thanks.
are you in US or Canada?

the VIN number will tell you the engine type, its the 8th digit from the left side 5 = 1.6L Gamma GDI and 6 = 2.0L Nu MPI engine.
Or easier still just look on your engine and if its says GDI on the cover its 1.6L and if not 2.0L, also the way the way the vehicle is equipped if its a + model (if your in the US) or ! model its a 2.0L, or if in Canada 2u or 4u for the 2.0L model.

Do you also know what year you bought and model?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Although I congratulate KIA for avoiding the usual "Alphabet Soup" of numbers and letters on the rear of their cars describing the mechanicals and other features, it wouldn't hurt if KIA made it more obvious what size engine you had; perhaps a subtle 1.6 or 2.0 somewhere on the engine cover?

·
Registered
'13 Soul 2.0+ Manual
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1.6 or 2.0

Thanks for all the help, everyone. It's a 2.0. It's also a '13 Soul. (I've got to figure out how to put my missing info in on this forum.)

My gas mileage added to my confusion or was a factor; I'm getting mileage I'd expect from a 1.6--32 on the highway, 29 in the city.

Again, thanks and vroom, vroom.

Ken

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
Thanks for all the help, everyone. It's a 2.0. It's also a '13 Soul. (I've got to figure out how to put my missing info in on this forum.)

My gas mileage added to my confusion or was a factor; I'm getting mileage I'd expect from a 1.6--32 on the highway, 29 in the city.

Again, thanks and vroom, vroom.

Ken
your welcome, but it might be an idea for future conversations to had to your DRIVES profile, which model it is alos - a + or a ! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts