Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The night b4 I had da chance of lookin’ at an Optima..!! anD oh God! That was something..specially those shiny aluminum alloy wheels! As far as the price is concerned..it jus lured me..I’d be interested in knowing if any one has bought one or not…? Is it worth havin ppl?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We got a 2002 model Kia Optima for ourselves, the 4 cyl one!! When u keep the a.c switched off it gives u the besssttt!!..jus has some deficiency of power when de ac is workin specially when u keep the speed slower.. but hey! Moves quite smoothly at above forty mph..most ev de time my spouse’s driving it and luvs it awl de way.. seems more like a sports car yo!..a favourable gas mileage is another positive point!! Go fer it!!... ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Optima runs as if m riding a Lexus, but oh! Man it’s so reasonably priced..!! the exteriors are just a treat for eyes ..as if I’ve gota Jaguar or a Mercedes E series. But it provides u wid lotsa features, like the power windows..and power locks..n bla bla bla..!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pheww…!!!! Wot a marvelous car I must say… :eek: seriously its lyk on of the best cars of 2004..Optima rulezz!! It’s fashionable, sophisticated and affordable…feel like stocking it up with myself…loads of em!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Optima is a worth buying car! It’s 138-HP 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine gives dis car a very unruffled drive..! dats wot awl of us want eh..?? I’ve juz got a li’l prob wid de headroom, or m I a big-head..? LoL..my head keeps on bangin on the handle in the ceiling, but it’s a stylo car, what I luv de most is its 60, 000 miles warranty…! Good job..KIA!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by fabien@Jul 27 2004, 04:59 AM
The night b4 I had da chance of lookin’ at an Optima..!! anD oh God! That was something..specially those shiny aluminum alloy wheels! As far as the price is concerned..it jus lured me..I’d be interested in knowing if any one has bought one or not…? Is it worth havin ppl?
I would also say it's a good car. I have a 2001 kia optima and haven't had much trouble out of it outside of normal wear and tear. Had to get use to the head room being that I'm 6' 3", but I adjusted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Kia Optima was bought because of necessity. It was very fairly priced and it could fit the family quite well. The back seats fits my kids without me having to run my seat forward. I didn't do much research before I went to the dealer. I was trying for a Sorento but I couldn't afford it at that time, so the dealer pointed out the Optima. I test drove it and I liked it.

The only problem I have is it's slow start, but once it's above city speeds, the car just wants to give me more. I've had it up to 115 MPH and I didn't dare go any further, but I'm sure the car could have done more. The Sport automatic is nice to have also. I can make it behave like a standard transmission.

:rolleyes: It's a very good car. I'm happy with both my wife's Hyundai and my Kia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own a '02 Optima SE V6, and absolutley LOVE the car. It rides wonderfuly smooth, is quiet, gets good gas milage for a V6, and is very nice for long drives (I have driven it to Michigan and NewYork from North Carolina). I would reccomend an optima to just about anyone. If your looking for serious performance, it may not be the way to go, however, there are some good performance parts out there, like the Alpine Supercharger, Headers, Exaust, etc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quite true it's value for money. Quality wise not any worst off than those costing 10%-20% more.

Looks like Kia included a high power a/con that zaps up the engine if you are pushy type. I set it only at Position 1 and already feeling cold. Maybe some a/con compressor treatment additive might helps.

Originally posted by carola@Jul 27 2004, 04:17 AM
We got a 2002 model Kia Optima for ourselves, the 4 cyl one!! When u keep the a.c switched off it gives u the besssttt!!..jus has some deficiency of power when de ac is workin specially when u keep the speed slower.. but hey! Moves quite smoothly at above forty mph..most ev de time my spouse’s driving it and luvs it awl de way.. seems more like a sports car yo!..a favourable gas mileage is another positive point!! Go fer it!!... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts