Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2015 SX with third row
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Kia Sorento SX with third row seating. My husband and I are arguing where is best place for infant carseat. The manual just points out that there are two sets on anchors on the side seats and that is what to use for carseats but is does not say carseat can not go in middle and I am assuming because there is a back latch in middle that it is okay. My husband is arguing that because the manual does not say you can put infant carseat there that it must go on side but it also does not state you can't. I know there is no anchors in the middle for carseat but there is a seat belt and anchor on back of middle seat and so I am assuming it is okay to place infant carseat in middle using seatbelt and back latch. However I have not found anything that says it is safe and you can put infant carseat in middle. Although I would prefer it was anchored, I also have read that baby is safer in middle and infant carseats fits better in middle then on the sides. Where do I find this information at? I am due in 2 weeks and want everything ready. Please help clear this up. Thanks

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
538 Posts
Local laws my differ. You could contact Kia dealer for their opinion as its omitted in the manual and/or local law enforcement.

It depends and usually the infant is facing rearward.

·
Registered
SORENTO EX, 2014
26 Posts
Seems like middle is safest. Passenger side next safest. Couldn't you use the (middle or inside) bottom anchors on each side? Or just the rear latch?

The manual doesn't say you can transport whole coffee beans, but I do it regularly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts