Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Sedona
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First post although ive been reading a lot lately..

So Ive just replaced the clutch on my bosses 05 Sedona a couple weeks back, and today, refilled the box with oil, gone to test it, and all we get on letting the pedal up is a rumbling grinding noise but no movement.

So, either the gearbox has also blown up at the same time as the clutch ( its definitely kaput, down to metal on one side and a shredded fibre nest in the bell housing) or, Ive made the classic booboo and put the damn thing in backwards.

So my question for anybody whos done the job, or knows, is this possible?

Im fairly certain I offered up what i believe to be the gearbox side of the plate to the flywheel, ie wrong way round, and the offset on the plate meant the central springs contact the flywheel, and the friction plate was nowhere the flywheel, so it seemed it could only work one way round? The cover plate went on easily, torqued up fine, and the clutch does seem to function, ie it wont go into gear without pressing the clutch, depress clutch, select gear fine, but letting go just rumbles in a nasty sort of way..

What do the experts think, is it possible I could have put it in backwards, or do we got a blown gearbox too?

Any help gratefully received..

Thanks Kev

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,964 Posts
Most clutch plates only go in one way - you installed it a couple of weeks ago, is this the first attempt to run it since then?

With the engine off, select each gear at a time and rock the car back and forth and see if there's any movement at the crank pulley, is there is then the box is most likely not the problem.

·
Registered
2004 Sedona
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ron. Thanks for your reply. Yes first time just checking it moved ok.. this was the last thing i was expecting lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts