Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
The Picanto is very fuel efficient. The manufacturer figures are around 56mpg. WHich is very good consider most car on the road in the UK do around 30mpg. Thats nearly doubled! I havent had any problem with my picanto yet *touch wood* and i have put around 3500 miles on it. It is one of the most rapid and cheapest 1.1i car you gonna find. If you want more spec for the car you could find it all on the kia official UK website. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I read a review of the Picanto somewhere and the reviewer said he had a hard time getting it to run at the promised (here in DK anyways) 20,4 km/l.

Anyone besides Nightkid have measured their gasoline consumption?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I measured fuel consumption when we first got the car (Picanto SE 1.1).

The fuel economy on the first tank of petrol was abysmal. We were averaging 6.5 litres/100km which is much higher than Kia's stated economy of 4.9l/100km combined, and that included a lot of motorway driving at 60mph.

However as we have done more miles the fuel economy has got better. I am currently doing another measurement with a full tank and the tripometer set to 0. The car is on 550 miles now. IIRC It is also known that cars tend to use more fuel until the engine has bedded in. My colleagues economy improved after he had done 2000 miles in his new car.

I will let you know what the efficiency is like next week.

Cheers
PicantoSE

·
Registered
32 Posts
Right,

This time I managed to get 320 miles before I filled up again and the low petrol light wasn't even on this time. (Last tank only took me 280 miles and the low petrol light came on)

My average fuel consumption is now 5.5 litres/100km, so it's still higher than Kia's combined figure but still an improvement in economy.

The car has now done 730 miles.

Cheers
PicantoSE

·
Registered
129 Posts
So I guess it gets better as it goes... Perhaps in a months time or two you will actually have it running at the promised consumption level. Keep us posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts