Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after driving 440 miles round trip to get the sorento that the vibration damper bolt broke off off while on a vacation trip....so sad :(

it was raining when we picked it up so i could not look under the hood....good thing i did not at the time....againg so sad :(

the next day at home after the rain had stopped i checked under the hood and found the upper bumber cover misinstalled and CRACKED :clap:

i also found the water pump pully mounted with eight nuts (double nutted) three of the four outer nuts didn't match :clap:

phone call to my selling dealer, who didn't want anyhting do do with it :clap:

phone call to KIA customer service, who were very concerned and helpful and conferenced with the repairing dealer to resolve the problem :clap:

i got a call from the dealer who made the repairs (broken vibration damper bolt)

note# the vibration damper got so hot they had to replace the timming belt and crankshaft sprocket and the three other belts as well along with some other parts

the mechanic admitted he broke the bumber cover and stripped the water pump studs :clap:

so we now have stop on the way home from our next camping trip (trailer in tow) to have these items taken care of, parts are being preordered

:(

workmanship is a problem industry wide not just at KIA dealerships
when is was a ford mechanic i got tired of trying to "beat the clock" (flat rate pay system) to make any money, so i switched to being a forklift mechanic

"haste makes waste" :thumbsup:

it is the "luck of the draw" if you get a good mechanic or a not so good one

p.s. there was another 3.5 v6 there for the "broken bolt problem also"

·
Registered
2009 KIA Sedona LX, 2006 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 GL
145 Posts
So here is the deal. I have had both a Sedona and a Sorento. I have had nothing with either of them.

Maybe it was luck I don't know. I now have an '05 Sorento with 21k km and other than a small issue with the lights dimming it has not been in for anything other than an oil change.

If that changes and I have to have something major done to it(touch wood it doesn't happen) then you know what that's why I have a warranty.

I have driven all kinds. GM, Ford, Chrysler (still do), Honda and such and I can tell you I have never been happier with a manufacturer.

·
Banned
417 Posts
Well this is the kind of repair service that will kill Kia with the buying public. Just like it killed GM Ford and Chysler it took years to kill them but they sure found out about giving their customers the shaft in their NON service Dept's. Now the same thing is starting to happen with the Kia Sorento.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts