Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a letter from my Kia dealer with some great deals on trading in my Sportage LX lease early on a new Kia. My first though was this would be a great time to trade up my LX to an SX. So when I checked my dealers inventory, not a single SX in stock. This was also the case when I got my SX a year ago.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX / 2010 Tucson AWD Limited
4 Posts
It was a couple mo. ago (mid Dec).. I was looking for a SX AWD and had to settle for a SX FWD in Al Hambra, coming from LB. Ended up about 32k with 10 year transferable bumper to bumper warranty OTD...

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX AWD
22 Posts
I guess I got lucky. I hadn't even heard of them when I stumbled across my SX AWD in December.
It is pretty rare that I see one out and about though.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
I guess I got lucky. I hadn't even heard of them when I stumbled across my SX AWD in December.
It is pretty rare that I see one out and about though.
Same here. They had a few on the lot when I bought mine, although I got mine near the end of 2011.

I don't see too many SX models around though. But I don't see that many Sportages around either. However I see a bunch of Optimas and a boatload of Sorrentos.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Agree w/ Ill. I rarely see a sportage let alone a SX. I saw one at a dealer while I was there getting service for my 2011 SX. But, if I do see them, they are always LX with no options. And even that is rare here (live in SoCal). Optimas and Sorrentos are EVERYWHERE!

A month or so ago there was one or 2 new 2013s for sale at the Kia dealer here in Temecula, CA. But, yes, seem rare to me still.

Ps... Kia hammers on Optimas and Sorrentos. It's basically all they advertise. The sportage SX, is a "weird/niche" kind of car. Too small for most and too quick as well with the turbo for your average soccer mom. I love mine but was looking for this type of vehicle personally. I wanted to fit my wife and kids and some cargo, but be light, efficient and quick. Plus, the styling is great so it was an easy choice for me to pick up my fully loaded 2011 Signal Red SX. Turns heads all the time ;-)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Hey Sage,

I just checked the Kia dealer stock here in Temecula and they have one 2013 new. Black cherry. Not far from long beach ;-)

New 2013 Kia Sportage SX For Sale in Temecula CA | KNDPC3A62D7435285

I bought my 2011 slightly used. 8 months old and 8400 miles on it. Perfect service record etc. basically brand new. $24800 plus tax etc. I'm sure you could talk them down easily to $28000 and change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts