Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sorento, Chrysler PT Cruiser
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used he AUX input with a USB plug for my MP3 player and the small IPod and it worked great. Now I got the nicer IPod and it won't read it. It is giving me a READING ERROR. Thinking that I had gotten a bad IPod, I took it back to Best Buy and had the guy check it. We plugged several other IPods into the input and got the same results. He suggested taking the car back to the dealer and getting a Firmware upgrade. Has anyone had that problem?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just to confirm you are using the KIA USB/AUX - Ipod Cable? Kia Canada includes for free, Kia US its about $30 from dealer, or $10 or so from other sources.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. I was using the USB cable supplied with my Ipod. Are you telling me tht Kia wants to sell you one for the Ipod?:eek: I don't doubt you but that is the most rediculous thing that I have ever heard. Why would they do that? Now that you mention it, there is always garbage that shows on the radio face whenever I am using that USB port. I will call them tomorrow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$39.95 to be exact from the local Kia dealer. I took your advice and checked on Amazon and just ordered one for $9.05.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX V6 AWD, 2002 VW GTI 337, 2002 Triumph Speed Triple
3 Posts
Are these compatible with the UVO system? All the ones that I find online say they're not.

Thanks,

Jamie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts