Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
561 Posts
Why didn't you just get a iTrip or similar and tune the radio to the designated frequency and listen to it that way?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because it is the worst quality ever. I had Itrip-mini. I fell for the bs and donated the $$. Total waste.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another alternative can be to skip the switch altogether and connect the iPod to a 3.5mm jack fitted to your dashboard somewhere. Female 3.5mms have extra connections that detect whether something is plugged in or not.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Can you guys give me a better link, that isnt working anymore. I have also heard bad things about these fm transmitters not being clear. I'm getting a Nano for xmas and going to immediately try it in the spectra, so any recent pointers would be interested.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thats cool. I'm glad you sent me the links, I looked and found a Harman Kardon drive + play ipod device. I planned on keeping the factory radio so figured that work good.

Could you tell me if the factory 05 sx stereo has aux in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought an 06 spectra and want to use my Ipod. The FM transmitters are awful. Can I do the modulator in my spectra.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
The stock unit in the Spectra isnt set up to plug an iPod into it. You will have to go the aftermarket headunit route like I did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts