Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX 2WD Dark Cherry
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed when I plug my iPhone in via USB and play it as an iPod, it doesn't default to "shuffle" as it plays through my songs. This wouldn't be a big deal, except that it goes back to alphabetical order by song title after everything I do. Specifically turning the car on/off, or skipping forward or backward by more than one track (using the tune knob), will stop it from shuffling through.

It's annoying to have to switch it back to shuffle after every time I skip ahead more than one track, but what's much more annoying is that when I do switch it back to shuffle, it creates a whole new shuffled song queue, and the song I just listened to might very well be up next again, since it just reshuffled.

Is this a new bug, a bug specific to my car/iPhone combination, or an old familiar problem? Also I notice there are occasional software updates for the UVO system; is there any way to report issues such that they might be fixed in future updates, or even see what's been fixed in the latest update?

-Andrew

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
Hey nerd_power. It's an old issue. I have found that if I set my iPod itself to shuffle all the time, this fixes the issue. Give it a try and let us know how you make out.

And welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey nerd_power. It's an old issue. I have found that if I set my iPod itself to shuffle all the time, this fixes the issue. Give it a try and let us know how you make out.

And welcome.
Thanks for the tip, I realize now that on the phone I had been on the "songs" menu rather than on a playlist of all my songs (which I can set to shuffle mode). I've changed it to the playlist, told it to be in shuffle mode, and we'll see how it works in the car on my drive home this afternoon.

And thank you, I'm glad to have joined the ranks.

-Andrew

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, after playing with the phone and putting it in different playback modes before plugging it into the car, I haven't found anything I can do to the phone that addresses the problem. I guess I'll just wait for a bug fix with fingers crossed, unless someone has an answer to my question about how to report a bug to the UVO software team?

-Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts