Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by a salesman that instead of using the OEM ipod/iphone cable (if it gets lost), you can just use a standard iphone/ipod 30-pin USB connector and a cable that connects the headphone jack to the AUX outlet in the car beside the USB port.

Has anyone tried this? Does it provide all the same functionality - eg. allowing you to scroll through your device's playlists, skip songs, etc?

If it works, it's a heckuva lot cheaper than the OEM cable!
Thanks

· Registered
14 Posts
I was told by a salesman that instead of using the OEM ipod/iphone cable (if it gets lost), you can just use a standard iphone/ipod 30-pin USB connector and a cable that connects the headphone jack to the AUX outlet in the car beside the USB port.

Has anyone tried this? Does it provide all the same functionality - eg. allowing you to scroll through your device's playlists, skip songs, etc?

If it works, it's a heckuva lot cheaper than the OEM cable!
Thanks
If you have UVO, then use the iPod cable as the Kia cable won't work properly. If you have NAV or stock radio,use the KIA cable. The Apple cable won't work properly with them.

· Registered
civic
42 Posts
If you have UVO, then use the iPod cable as the Kia cable won't work properly. If you have NAV or stock radio,use the KIA cable. The Apple cable won't work properly with them.
why doesn't it work properly? Mine works fine. Also I was going to buy myself one, but the salesman gave me one while I was about to drive the car off the lot.

· Registered
14 Posts
why doesn't it work properly? Mine works fine. Also I was going to buy myself one, but the salesman gave me one while I was about to drive the car off the lot.
Based on everything I've read if you don't have the UVO system, the Apple cable will not work. If your experience shows that the Apple cable works with the non-UVO systems, then that's great! As far as which cable to use with a UVO system, in a 2012 USA-spec SX with UVO, I have had personal experience with the failings of the Kia cable. The sound will transmit through it, but there is basically no interface. You must use your iPod to select the music you wish to play.

I hope that clarifies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.