Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Optima EX Turbo
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to toggle through and select playlists, genres, or artists on the deck or steering wheel? I have an iPhone 5 with a working connection using the Kia cable and lightning-to-30pin adapter. When I connect the iPhone, my Apple Music app tunes start playing automaticlly. It plays through all my songs, regardless of what playlist the songs are listed on. I would like to be able to pick a playlist and limit the songs played to that list. If this is possible can anyone help me control my tunes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Should be possible - in my Kia Cerato, I press the 'Folder Seek' button, which lets me use the dial to select Playlist, Artists etc. Find 'Playlists' then select your phone, then scroll to the desired list and select a song. That will result in only songs from the playlist being chosen by the built in audio system.

·
Registered
N/A
1 Posts
I have the same setup, ssgro66. I think it's easiest, and fastest, to initially use Siri to choose a playlist, artist, etc. For example, I'll start with telling Siri "shuffle the main mix playlist." From then on, as long as I want to stay in the same playlist, I'll just use the steering wheel controls. If you've never done this before, just use the name of your playlist in place of "main mix" in the example above.

And in case you can't stand, as I can't, how it starts playing music immediately after connecting: I used the free Audacity app on my computer to make a sound file that is just two minutes of silence. Name it so it appears first alphabetically--out of all your songs, not just in a given playlist--then sync it to your iOS device, and you'll never have to hear the beginning of the same song over and over again.

·
Registered
2013 Optima EX, 2013 Rio EX
11 Posts
Just picked up my Optima last night. I have a non UVO head unit. When I plug my standard Apple cable into the USB port I get the charging cycling on and off. My fiancee has a Rio with UVO and her's works just fine. For what it's worth my phone used to work in her car and does the charging cycling now.

Have people had success using the 30pin to Lightning adapter with the stock Kia cable in a non UVO car?

Also, does the non UVO head unit support bluetooth streaming?

EDIT: Problem solved with the Apple 30 pin to Lightning adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts