Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the iPod adaptor for the Sorento. It works fine (charging as well as playing music) with an old iPod Touch. However with an iPhone 4S, while the charging works properly, we can't get the audio from the iPhone to play thru the Sorento's speakers. The screen on the Sorento displays the song titles and we can press the play button on the screen, and then the Sorento's screen will display a count down (or is it up?) as if the song is playing, but we can't hear anything.

Does anyone have an iPhone 4S with iOS 6 and have success with using the iPod adaptor to play music thru the Sorento's speakers? If so, any tips for settings on the phone? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
814 Posts
i don't have an ipod, but will throw in my 2 cents :)

with the ipod adapter, the one that comes/is designed for sorento/kia, the audio comes through the aux mini-jack, if i'm not mistaken. Check the volume settings for the external audio/aux on the iphone.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
other people on the net have had luck after restoring their phone to scratch for this issue. sucks to have to reload music/pics, etc. but better than it not working at all. i did the ios update and have had no problems with my iphone 4. however, i connect via bluetooth and don't know if the ipod adapter works with my iphone.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6 Luxury
89 Posts
I know if you have the UVO system then you don't need to buy that adaptor, you just use the cable that the iPod/iPhone/iPad came with. I even get my audio over Bluetooth. So just try it with the regular cable your device came with. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is an issue with iOS 6 storing music differently on the phone than before, and happens mostly to people who use iTunes Match and iCloud. A phone restore will fix this issue in many cases. If the songs play fine on your phone, you can also charge the phone via the USB cable port and 'AirPlay' your music to the Kia sound system via Bluetooth as an alternative to using the Kia iPhone cable.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
First and foremost, check your owners manual and see if they list your specific i-thing for compatibility on your car. Not all, and most likely the new new ones will not be supported.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento EX FWD
9 Posts
Also... if your phone's bluetooth is on, it may be transmitting the audio over that instead of the aux jack.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have an iPhone 4S with iOS 6.0.1 and a 2012 Sorento with the UVO system. My car came with the iPod cable that connects to both the audio jack and the USB port at the same time. Other end of the cable has the dock connector. I've had no problems playing music from my iPhone using the cable. I am also able to stream music using bluetooth.

I can't tell you any settings to use on your phone because I've never had a problem and never had to adjust anything. It's always just worked.

The only thing that I can think of, is if you have a case on your phone, maybe the dock connector isn't fully inserted into your phone. Maybe try taking the case off and try playing music again. Also, try using the Bluetooth feature to stream music.

With the bluetooth streaming option, with the original firmware that my UVO came with, only the first song would have it's info displayed on screen. This would never change no matter how many songs I played. Thankfully this has been fixed with the latest UVO firmware update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts