Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I've an iPod 4g and iOS 5 and today I got my ipod cable from kia however when I connect my ipod to my car I see AUX connected and I can't change the songs from the car, I've to change the songs from the iPod itself.

However the ipod is charging and the volume bar disappeared, The only thing that I can control from my car is the sound :D

Can you tell me what's the problem ? Why I can't control my iPod from the car ?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX Sedan
19 Posts
Not sure what audio package you have - my comments relate to the UVO system on my Rio EX.

I found the Kia Ipod cable to be a bit of a scam, since it combines an analog audio connection (via Aux) and a USB port simply for charging. When you plug any device in via Aux, the system assumes you will control it from the device itself.

If you use the standard Ipod dock connector / USB cable so that you're connected via USB only you will be able to play your music under the MEDIA mode and you'll be able to switch tracks, see what's playing, play by artist/genre, etc.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
the special ipod cable from KIA is not required with the UVO system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I don't have the UVO system in my car, I've the normal kia audio system.

When I connect my iPod in the usb and aux I see in my car display, AUX Connected.

However I don't see anything else, I can't change from my car the songs, Albums, Artist ... etc.

Simply, I can't control the iPod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts